I've got close to 1 million things to say, and things that I should document for myself and for those that like to keep up with our lives. I don't have time for 1 Million things so I'll try to get in 10 and then try to remember to come back later for more.
10- Today Evan visited Walter's class. Walter is "Prince of the Week", he's been waiting for this the entire year. Evan came in to talk to the class and then had lunch and Walter has been talking about it non stop. I can't wait to hear all about it. Evan was nervous: we spent some time last night talking about what he should say and what they would care about and want to know. That little boy is SO PROUD to say his daddy works for Xbox, I'm sure Evan didn't disappoint. I got a text from his teacher that he shared a nice pitch about technology being "cool" because people make it cool and that it's important to be part of the discovery and development by listening to your teacher, trying new things, and always looking for ways to do things differently. I hope these 6 year olds remember that in 20 years!!
9- Walter and I just got back from New York with Annika and Lizzy. Had you told me in January that taking a 6 year old to NYC for 4 days while 32 weeks pregnant was a crazy idea, i guarantee you I would not have listened. Truth be told, it was a great trip. My body and the baby did great. Lizzy and Annika were perhaps the perfect people for us to travel with since they weren't even excited about the 6 block walk to the theater so my normal "must see it all by foot" travel wasn't on the agenda. Walter wrote some great journal entries I'll have to share the trip from his view but I will say I will forever cherish that me-and-him time. I can't say enough how much he enjoyed being the one who got all the attention and to make all the decisions. I'm so so glad we did this before his sister came. And I'm equally glad Evan and wesley got their 1:1 time in. I noticed yesterday when the boys came in to wake us up Wesley ran over to Daddy first, which has NEVER happened. He now "lets" Daddy hug him first and "carry you" and it's not all "mommy do". That will be really helpful when baby girl is here, too!
8- I'm in full on end-of-year mode. School carnival, next year PTSA planning, home work is getting HARDER (What? Why?) and work is busy this time of year as everyone gears up for summer and not wanting to work. Every night but Thursday there is some sport/activity/ or commitment and I'm anxious for that all to wrap up.
7-I really really don't care about work, like, at all. Every day every drama I say to myself "in 7 weeks this won't be my problem" and it's really starting to effect my quality of work (maybe that is good?)
6- we may or may not be moving. We may or may not put in an offer on a house tomorrow which would me, if they accept it, we will have to sell our house. Which would mean we have to stage our house to sell and I can't even deal with what that means of our disaster of a house. I will not do more than 1 open house and I will not list it for more than 2 weeks. Our offer is pretty ridiculous but the builder is pretty anxious to sell so he may take it just to have something on the hook. I'm all full of concern and regret on both sides of the story, I could write for hours just about my "but what if" scenarios of keeping and of selling. I can't even assign an % of likelyhood to the idea of moving.
5- That will have to be it for now. I have to go pick up my car that was taken in for a simple oil change and will come home with new tires thanks to a nail and repaired rock chips I didn't even know I had. And as a side note I will never buy another new car with out a "toyota care" type option again. It's SOOOO nice to just be able to say "sure" when they ask me if I want all of the everythings done/replaced.
Thursday, May 15, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so glad you are having such wonderful experiences in your life right now! Evan speaking in Walter's class is so cool, and you and Walter going to NY is so cool! And Wesley getting closer to his Dad is so cool!
Enjoy your guests this next week. I had wanted to join in on the fun but it wouldn't have worked with my schedule here right now. Have a fun time!!
Lots of love to you,
Beverly
Post a Comment