That's how we answer the questions we get "what are you guys up to? How are things?"
Except here is the things. I am over my head in responsibility. It all comes at once, doesn't it?
HOA; nothing for months and then in days notice lots of deadlines and deliverables with little notice.
The Guild: we have an amazing event coming up. I'm so excited for it. But it's October 4th and that means the next 2 months I'll be spending a lot of my "down" time getting things lined up for our inaugural event which in a flash went from a modest $7,000 fund raising goal to $25,000 fund raising goal. I really really am enjoying planning this event so I'm trying to keep my complaining to a minimum but there is a severe personality conflict with one of the co-chairs and, well, pretty much everyone else. It will be a challenge to overcome.
PTSA I simply ask one question and get myself a nod as co-chair for the school carnival. Which is June 6th. So I just finished up all of the to-do's for teacher appreciation week/month and now it's full steam ahead in to the carnival planning.
And then there is the fact that it's pretty likely I'm switching jobs after the baby is born. So I'll be spending my time at work wrapping things up, getting my ducks in a row and preparing for the next chapter.
In the next two weeks we will either be listing our house for sale to hopefully buy our next home or we will be refi-ing our current home to cut our current mortgage to be paid off in half the time. Although the next 2 weeks will be full of ups and downs, the end result, either way it goes, will be very very good. We'll either have the space we want for the next phase in our lives, or the means to aggressively save to get something that might be even more perfect for us when it comes available. We have decided to let go and let God and see where things end up. I keep looking for a red flag or a warning sign but none are coming. Even Evan my calm in the storm, my logic, he hasn't stopped any of this yet. So we'll continue to keep this ball rolling until it stops.
And I'm off to paint my nails and scrounge up something to wear to my seminar tomorrow because the dry cleaner, and Fed Ex and the nail salon all close at 7pm. In order to look semi-professional tomorrow since the 3 things that actually fit me well are stuck at the cleaner.
Tuesday, May 06, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you have a lot of this and that going on right now. Remember to Breathe!
Love and a hug,
Jeane
Post a Comment