Got a letter today from the school district announcing the lunch prices and time changes for the school year. Here is what we found interesting…
Now being served:
- a variety of local grown fruits vegetables, and edamame. Please check our website for fruit and grain of the month
- Reduced fat salad dressing and reduced sodium soy sauce (Pretty sure we were never even offered soy sauce in any school lunch setting???)
- Exclusive use of whole grain and who wheat product including; whole wheat bread products, freshly baked whole wheat dinner rolls and sandwich hoagies, whole wheat tortillas, brown rice, and whole wheat pasta
- RbST Free Milk, Soy Milk and Lactose Free Milk
- Healthy Request soups
- Baked french fries, sweet potatos and baked potato chips. NO TRANS FATS ON OUR MENU
Now I kinda wanna eat lunch at Walters school! The kicker of all of this is it’s less than $5 a day for both breakfast and lunch. Reduced lunch is $.40 a day.
I am not complaining, more surprised than anything. I am happy they are eating better than most kids eat at home but we did have to comment on how this rates to our Pizza Hut pizza for lunch days at BHS.
1 comment:
Wow - I want to eat lunch at Walter's school too! How impressive and healthy that all sounds!
Post a Comment