Saturday, August 13, 2011

It’s a happening night at our house

I’m just dreaming of maybe being able to move in to the “new room” down stairs tomorrow, to get toys a new home and to set up my office.  We have 1 piece of crown to hang, it’s the piece that needs to be notched out for the pole, and then we will be able to put away most of the power tools.  I will say it’s nice to see we can live in a smaller space since for the last 6 weeks we’ve not been living in or using the basement at all and with the exception of a big box of picture frames in my bedroom, I haven’t really longed for the space as much as I thought I would.  The “dining” room is a pretty huge mess but we are hardly ever in there.  The new living room, with no TV has been used a lot for games, and for reading which is nice.  It gets us out of the kitchen where I feel we spend way too much time as is (at least I do).  Evan is reading this book series that I kinda hate right now too because he can’t put it down.  And this is only the 2nd of 4 books in the series. 

We have an old tube TV that works fine, but we have no where to put it and it’s sitting in the middle of the room downstairs.  When we get that out we can at least enjoy the space a bit more.  A few more finishing touches and we’ll be there (How long have I been saying that?)  If Evan’s work would leave him alone that might happen sooner than November. 

I’m hating Evan’s job tonight because it’s preventing me from finishing that 1 last piece of crown molding, but it’s OK he’s hated mine a fair amount in his days. 

 

I have meatloaf muffins in the oven for this week:  I travel 2 nights and the boys need easy dinner options.  Beyond that I have nothing planned so next on my list is to sit down with my cook books and grocery store adds for tomorrow.  We missed the farmers market this week and weekend:  So skip the fresh produce or just buy at the grocery?  The quality is so much better at the market!

 

Tomorrow is yoga date with friends and then a trip to Ikea and we might have to put Walter in Adventure Kids so that we have room in the car to load our planned purchases.  Does that count as a date?  I hope not, although it will be nice to have alone time together, Ikea is not a very exciting date.

 

Lately I’ve been pretty worthless after about 6pm.  I get sick almost every night and if I’m not getting sick I’m wishing I would get sick and feel better.  I am so hungry but nothing stays down or sounds good.  I have been living off of fruit and plain Kashi Cereal, no milk or yogurt or anything.  Occasionally I can eat a rice cake with peanut butter. 

 

The best part of my day was catching up with Allison, made me miss home and miss summer, as I was driving to a play date in 62 degrees and overcast.  This year will forever be remembered as the summer than never happened.  Tomorrow is supposed to be even worse.  I plan to enjoy the heat in Dallas this week, for sure!

No comments: