Wednesday, September 08, 2010

I sat down hours ago to Blog

But got distracted:  first researching Broadway plays (for my trip to New York), picking out new shoes (for my trip to new york) and buying Tshirts at the Threadless $9 tshirt sale which ends TODAY! 

I was going to write about how smart our boy is.  He is probably the smartest almost.three.year.old that is out there, right?  Yeah we think so. 

On Sunday he wanted to go to the grocery store with Pappa and I and I said, “OK but we are not getting any toys, so don’t ask for any”.  He looks at me, puts his hands out and says “then what ARE we going to get at Target”.  Like Duh Mom, that’s all Target is good for!  He really pays attention to everything we say and even when you think he isn’t listening he is.  Last night I told Evan I thought today was picture day so I am going to leave out some “picture clothes” just in case.  He heard me and this am when I woke him up he said, Good Morning Mama, it’s picture day!  I have about 100 more stories like this but now I can’t remember, and I really wanted to write them down so I have something to look back on when I do his baby book.  Hopefully they’ll come to me when I’m trying to sleep tonight so I can write them down then.

I’m running again tomorrow: 2 times in 3 days, I’m amazing.  (kidding, it’s kinda pathetic how much I have not run in the last month).  I think this could be the start of something very good for my legs and my mid section, so I hope it keeps up.  Bad news: It’ll probably be dark when we meet and it will for sure be raining.  Fall.  I’m not ready for fall.

 

We had a really great visit with my parents, we are ALL sad to see them go.  Walter the most.  He wanted to know why they had to go back to Iowa, why they couldn’t stay here and live with us.  Friday we are going out to dinner with Brian and Melissa: The boys arranged it for a “good review” celebration.   I should be excited:  A chance to get a sitter, get Evan dressed up, get me dressed up, put on heals and pearls and a dress….but for some reason I’m not feelin it.  I hope the next 3 days changes my mind.  Sunday I’m triple booked.  Have they perfected the way to be in 3 places at one time yet?  It’s our neighborhood picnic which will have Tumble Bus.  Evan will not go with out me which means Walter will not go which means Walter will miss Tumble Bus.  I have a baby shower at about the exact same time.  Decisions decisions.  I guess this is one of those mom decisions that you have to make every once in awhile.  There is a chance if Evan keeps Walter inside in the basement he will not notice Tumble Bus, but It still feels wrong not taking him and not helping Sue who I promised I would help.

On that note, then I’m off to bed:  There has been 2 break ins in our neighborhood and it’s got everyone on edge.  Evan is suspecting it’s high school kids.  They stole my next door neighbors ladder and took it 3 houses away and crawled in an unlocked window.  They took drugs and jewelry.  So we think they walked in.  Then the next day the did the same thing to a house not very near the original house.  Evan thinks it was high school kids cuz how would they know these two houses had drugs (the legal kind) or jewelry of all the houses in the neighborhood.  He does have a point.  He should be a police officer.  Either way, Inge’s ladder has been confiscated by the police, I’m a nervous wreck and the neighborhood is all a chatter. 

G’night from this house.  More from us later this week!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

When are you coming to NY? Maybe this year I can make it work and we could get together if you don't have other plans? Glad you had a good visit with your parents, hope all is well! xoxo Nicole and Noah