Tuesday, March 30, 2010

tomato basil soup a baked potato and a roll

That’s what I’m eating right now and we are so lame sauce lately that’s really the only thing I can think about to write!! 

Our weekend was nice an uneventful.  lots of yard work on Saturday and running errands.  It was nice so we played outside a bit too.  Sunday after church we met my friends Joe and Katie from Portland for brunch and donuts.  It poured Sunday so it was errands and cleaning.

Evan’s new employee started with his team today and it went “fine”.  More from that later I’m sure.

We had a rough night.  Walter had a bad day at school; got in trouble for something I didn’t really get the whole story something about a pillow and a friend and suffocating (not like he really intended to suffocate someone but the playfulness turned too rough I think). He started sobbing the minute I walked into daycare and pretty much didn’t stop until about an hour ago.  He has a new teacher, Miss Smeeta, who is there half the day and I don’t think he likes her.  He misses Chanelle.  I don’t think she has much control over the classroom and Walter and his friends need structure and someone to control the class room.  I’ve complained before but now I think I’ll have to complain again.  He’s ready to move up to the preschool room so it forces us to decide if he’s in the right place or not or should we look for a new place and in turn a new preschool.  But that is a project for another time.  The point was he was very upset, we tried to hug him as much as we could knowing he needed the love, I’m sure she yelled at him cuz when we went to leave I said tell Smeeta you’re sorry you were naughty and say good bye and he flinched and she said “I’m not going to scold on you again “ (she’s british).  I asked if she gave him a time out and she hemmed and hawed and I said; I don’t care if you do if he deserves it and then she says, yeah, I gave him a time out.  Like she didn’t want me to be mad at her she wanted to tell me what I wanted to hear. 

I heard through the grapevine Ms Smeeta is having trouble taking control and getting respect from the parents because Ms Channell is still there and the kids see her and want to play with her and when I pick him up I see Ms Channell and I talk to her about Walter’s day instead of Ms Smeeta.  I get that, kinda, but I know her and like her and trust her.  And Ms Smeeta has never given me reason to trust her.  Today it was Ms Channell that said tell mommy about what happened to your friend, and then She got a death stare from Ms Smeeta so Ms Smeeta had to tell me. 

We tried to get Walter to tell us what happened and he wouldn’t do it.  Between sobbing and not talking we couldn’t get a word out of him so hopefully it was a bad day; an issolate incident and it won’t happen.  (Mondays have been bad for a few weeks now).  They do think it’s because of Casey though….

OK really I’m off to pack my bags for tomorrow and go to bed.  Tomorrow night is gymnastics, wednesday night is track work out with the running club, thursday we are swimming and Friday I’m going to try to get out of work by 4pm so I can go to the Dinosaur Egg hunt at Walters school. 

More from us before the weekend, I hope! 

1 comment:

Jeane said...

Lots of changes for Walter-sounds like a terrible day. It is so hard when they are so unhappy. I do hope the rest of the week is better for him. Give him a hug and a kiss from me. Maybe we can Skype this week (end).