Houston was not nearly as sunny and warm as it was supposed to be! It was actualy quite humid but we did not see the sun hardly at all Friday. There were severe thunderstorm warnings when we left which caused a 4 mile back up of planes trying to leave at the time our plane was to leave, so we were stuck on the runway for 55 minutes, just enough time to ALMOST miss our connection out of Dener. Thankfully we made it and I was home by almost 11pm.
I actualy almost missed my flight leaving too because apparently it was spring break last week so all of the parking lots were full. I was on my way back down town to have someone drive me when I found a lot off the beatn path so I made it with some time to spare. Luckily I was really early out of the house or I would have been in trouble! I know now when I leave Seattle in mid-late march to make a reseration at Master Park :)
Our weekend has been very emotional and draining dealing with all the things I love about being in Seattle/away from home. I tried to keep myself busy and not think about what I was missing at home and I made Evan stay busy with me. He mowed while I picked up the dog poo and layed moss killer. I did the garbage/recyceling cleaned up the dog toys in the yard, pulled some weeds and re organized the garage. Then I decided that I wanted to re arrange the living room (since Evan won't let me buy a house till October, I am trying to make this place more ideal for a 6 month old mobile child for the next 6 months and make the limited space that we do have more usable). I'm not crazy about the way it looks but it's definately much more usable and condusive for a baby (for now until he starts walking)
Walter slept well last night. Didn't nap hardly at all today and fought going to bed tonight but we are hoping he stays asleep till 7am like he did the last 2 nights! Finally this weekend I made Walters first few meals. I made greenbeans, zucchini, yams, mango, avacado, and apples. They are in the freezer now. I want to go buy some ice cube trays because this probably took about 2 1/2 hours but next time I do it I can do more at a time, if I have more containers to freeze sering sizes in. Most of the time is in the set up and steaming of the veggies. If you do more at one time it takes less time per serving. Like I made 2 yams and got about 4 servings. If I steamed 6 yams at one time it would take the same amount of prep time but I would have a greater output. The problem was mostly the organic veggie selection at the grocery store I went to. I will go to a better store next time for sure!
I'm off to bed. Tomorrow is bound to be just as emotional draining as yesterday and today. And it's a full week for me, the last one for a few weeks. How am I going to manage :)
Sunday, April 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just remember to breath ... smiles
Expect Miracles...
Shane Belceto
Plan Fun Family Vacations HERE
Post a Comment