Monday, April 07, 2008

the waiting game

Still no update from the hospital. I'm not sure if it's worse waiting here or waiting there. Probably there because I have work to keep my mind busy. Little man slept again till 7am this am. I woke up at 5 and couldn't get right back to sleep. I woke up again at 6:15 and he wasn't looking at all like he was going to wake up so I started to pump then he woke up. The unfortunate thing for Evan when Walter sleeps through the night is then he's normaly up for the day. Today I couldn't get him to go back to sleep. He seemed to be sleepy so , as usual, I put him in bed with Evan but he really didn't want to go to sleep. Evan said instead he wanted to talk, kick and punch him in the face. It's so sweet. He was doing that yesterday too. I had him in bed with us and he would roll over and tap Evan almost intentional, like he wanted him to pay attention to him. When you give hime attention he wants more and more of it. So Evan didn't get him back down till 7:45 and who knows what happened after that. I think this may be a turning point in Evan's sleep/wake routine. I'm of course biased, but I'd much rather have him awak at 7am than at 4am. Evan of course wants it the otherway. Off to a meeting. This could be a disaster.....I have a meeting till 5pm on the East side. Praying for a traffic miracle.

No comments: