Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'm going to complain for a minute

3 words: Pre-occupied, hungry, irritated Since I'm 8 months pregnant and I feel that i have the right, I'm going to complain for a minute. We have an admin who's job, amoungst other things, is to order lunch when ever we have team lunches or when vendors buy us lunch. I'm normaly not the type to complain over a free lunch or overly critique for unreasonable reasons, but today was the preverbial straw. When she orders food, she normaly orders food that she likes. Fine, she's entitled. Some others might be inclined to do the same thing. She's on weight watchers so she orders salads. No bread, no pasta, salads with a light non creamy dressing despite the fact that the rest of us are not on weight watchers. I like salads so that's fine. The kicker is she orders lunch comes in and fills her plate and then leaves and doesn't even stay for the meetings! (she says she wouldn't get anything out of it so there is no point). One time I took it upon my self to order lunch and I ordered from the same place she does but ordered a meat and cheese tray for sandwiches, pasta salad and fruit. She complained that we didn't consider her diet restrictions. So we started to compromise on ordering salad and sandwiches for group lunches. I took her cue and asked politely if we could get yellow mustard and spicy mustard as condiments, she always says "opps I forgot sorry". I also ordered cookies on Jackies request and discovered how fablous they are so we've been requesting cookies ever sense but she won't order them becasue they are too tempting for her. How rediculous is that? So the rest of us have to give up our potential cookies so that she isn't tempted? We did a team lunch one time and went out to lunch majority wins we decided on pizza. She pouted and crabbed that she wasn't even going to go because she couldn't eat pizza or she'd use all her points for the day. I respect her willpower and her ability to stick to it but should we all eat salads all the time so that she can not be tempted? They have salads at the pizza place too. She is awefuly one sided in her actions, wanting us to respect her diet restrictions but not considering our different diet preferences when we all order the same meal. Today I had a doc apt first thing so I stopped at McDonalds on my way back to the office. I walked in with OJ and a fruit and yogert parfait, in a bag. She starts complaining in a very loud voice, about how I'm not allowed to bring in McDonalds to the office. Don't I know that is her most favorite thing ever and now all she'll think about all day is how much she wants a McD's breakfast sandwich. I guess that I should know not to rub in her face my personal food preferences because she might feel tempted to fall off the band wagon. I didn't even have a breakfast sandwich. I'm normaly a pretty empathetic person I think but today I am not feeling apathetic. I'm feeling crabby like I want to eat what ever I want and not have anyone get upset with me for it! I was up 1.5 lbs today. Now that only makes we worried that all of that went to the baby. This is really going to be a no win situation becaue every lb I gain is going to freak me out even more. No other news than what Evan and I suspected, the baby's head is big so maybe they are over guessing his weight based on that. We'll hope for that but a big head is not exactly a great sign either! All of this news is causing me to reconsider my birth plan. I still have 5 weeks though! In fact I scheduled 7 appointments today. They wanted me to go 2 weeks past. Let's hope I don't need it. I'm off to lunch. I think I'll go to Mc Donalds!

No comments: