Friday, September 14, 2007

TGIF

3 words: Craving, sleepy, happy I'm so happy it's Friday. This marks the end of my 5th week till no more work (expected) until after baby. 4 more to go! It's been a long week and today could not have come soon enough. Last night I left work at 4:48! And my desk is fairly clean today, meaning I did not leave a bunch of stuff left to do. Since it's Friday I debated stopping at the donut shop to pick up some of my favorite donuts but 12 is never enough and 24 is a bit more than I wanted to spend so I opted for no. Now I'm thinking the yogert and banana I have don't sound good at all. I'm so tired this week. I haven't had a ton of "relaxing" time this week after work and it's really catching up to me. Tonight I plan to go home, after another work function, and spend most of the evening doing my favorite things like bills, dinner, laundry, and cleaning. Tomorrow we have child birth prep class from 9-5 and then a party tomorrow evening so I won't have much time to get things done. We have a lot of miscelanous things to get done on Sunday as well since we are just starting the "we better do this before the baby" list. Yesterday I did 2 things that I've been so good at not doing for quite a while now: I started looking at baby clothes, and I bought something for myself to wear, post baby. I started and almost finished the October birthday,anniversary, important gift worthy events shopping which included a few "congratulations" expectant mother gifts so I was "forced" to look at baby things. Old Navy is having a baby sale so today I hope to go buy somethings I'll be a lot happier to have like socks, a jacket/coat for cold weather and some clothes that are "pants" instead of gowns. I also spent a fair amount of time in J Crew looking for some clothes for Evan amongst other things, and found a few items on sale for me that I knew I would like later. I did go up a size, so I won't regret it when I can't fit in to any of my clothes post baby. but I was there for entirely too long when I let the sales girls talk me into trying on jeans, even though I couldn't get them buttoned over my belly. All 3 of them have babies under 1 year old so they were obsessed with my belly and with giving me all sorts of advise for buying post baby body clothes, which I actualy greatly appreciated. I'm determined to not wear yoga pants for 3 months after the baby so I'm looking for solutions that won't make me look frumpy. At least I have some ideas now! Happy weekend! It's mid September already, where has the time gone?

No comments: