Tuesday, July 10, 2007

did you know....

The butter on the west coast is different than the butter 'out east'? No lie. I was baking this weekend and got out a recipe that said "one stick of butter" I almost called to confirm how much "one stick of butter was" because my stick of butter was not box length, there were still 4 in the box but the seemed half as tall. So I thought that maybe I bought the wrong 'size' sticks. Nope! Not the case. Still the same size. So I start to investigate and sure enough all of the butter brands are in fact short and fat instead of long and lean. I've been asking aounrd and after some raised eye brows I found out that the butter he is different from the east. I heard this from more than one source. This causes 2 problems for me: It does not fit in my pampered chef corn on the cob butterer and it sticks to the top of my butter dish. Proof that it's just weird out here. which reminds me, I should buy some corn when we are home this week. also, can I fly with wine? I want to bring some back with me but I'm not sure if I can.

No comments: