Thursday, July 19, 2007

We had a great weekend at "home v. 2" last weekend in St. Louis. It wasn't even that hot! It was definately a whirlwind weekend for me: Lunch, dinner, drinks on Thursday. Running, breakfast, lunch, wedding, on Friday. Hanging with Holly all day Saturday. Shower and brunch on Sunday. We got to see most people we wanted, a few got left out and I feel really bad but there just aren't enough hours in the day! The shower was amazing and I can't express how greatful we are that everyone came. It was a little too "girly" for most of the guys but I think that was mostly for Evan's benefit. We got great things and more than 50% of it made it's way back here with us. Pictures are here. Since then we've been busy also, we re-arranged the house a bit, moved the 2nd bedroom to the office and it doesn't look too terribly bad! The nursey will be closer to done this weekend. My goal is/was to have it done by 30 weeks, we are almost there but close. The weather has cooled considerable here so that is nice. Somehow I also managed to get bigger over the last week. 2 dresses that fit last week don't fit this week. I bought dress for Amy's wedding that I was almost busting the zipper out of on Friday. I'll have pictures soon after I get them off of the camera. I was playing with the camera last night and forgot to get the rest of the pics off. We have a handful of things to do this weekend, most of them baby related. We need to decide on a car seat. I'm having a problem in that everytime I look I want the most expensive and although I know we don't need it, it's like I told Evan, it's like buying the TV we have upstairs (57 inch HD rear projection or what ever) when we have a nice TV that will do just fine down stairs (36 inch regular TV that has a nice picture). I'm running into this with almost everything that I look at. I "like" one of them OK and then see the "better" one and think that is the one we need. Which is why I've stayed out of places like Babies R Us. We did decide not to get the "best" video camera, because I (or logic) won that debate. I just have to find reasons not to get the better carseat over the fine car seat and all of the extra value is useful to me. Maybe I should just get it and be done with it? Seems like it. Stay tuned for (hopefully) pictures of the nursery this weekend. We intend to get a decent amount of painting done.

No comments: