Monday, October 24, 2011

Pregnancy, vacation, and home again

I’m been really lacking on my updating on this pregnancy, haven’t I.  Half the time I forget I’m pregnant until I go to do something like….pick up something I’ve dropped, make a sharp turn around a corner, or try to sit down after eating.  Most of the time I feel great and hardly notice this belly!  I have had a good pregnancy aside from the heartburn I feel great.  I wear out more easily but sometimes that’s nice to have a reason to sit down or to relax!

 

I’m seeing a new Mid Wife, I saw an OB in Seattle for Walter.  I delivered at Swedish Hospital in Seattle, what we sometimes call the baby factory.  I see a MW now in Bellevue and she just added a partner so from here on out I will alternate and who ever is on call the day I deliver, will deliver the baby.  There is a new hospital a few miles from our house, Swedish Issaquah.  It’s beautiful, it looks out over the mountains, it is where we want to deliver and my MW has an office there as well so we are hoping they will be taking deliveries by end of January.  There is also some politics about if MW’s will be able to deliver there so we have a back up in case.  Looks like we won’t know till December where we’ll deliver.  I took a 22 week picture but I can’t find it on the camera now so I’ll have to have Evan take another picture.  This week I promise!  I’m up 8.6 lbs as of 24 weeks.  They officially moved my due date to Jan 24th like I’ve been saying all along.  At least we are all on the same page now. 

Today at school Walter drew a picture of Walter, Mom, Dad and Baby.  It was the most adorable thing.  THen when we got home he told me daddy was going to help him draw love.  Daddy was drawing love and he was coloring it (heart). Man, he’s getting excited and I love seeing it!

 

We had an amazing vacation and it definitely deserves it’s own post, which it will have.  The entire trip went entirely too fast and I can barely remember 1 day from the next.  Walter ran crazy every day, but held up great.  We had a nap 1 day I think?  Maybe 2 (the first and last).  Today at school he said his favorite things were the whales and the helicopters!  He loved roller coasters, the bigger the better.  He liked spinny rides.  He didn’t like the 3d Muppets show.  He didn’t seem to care too much about the zoo either but I enjoyed the zoo and Evan enjoyed it as well. 

Things we’d change:  Stay somewhere else.  I blame myself for the house:  1 bathroom and ants and flies.  It was gross.  The location was decent: close to Disney, close to the beach and close to convenient shopping, but we only went to the beach twice and if we had stayed on the Disney Resort we might have gotten back for more naps and such.  However, we had a full kitchen and didn’t need 2 rooms so maybe it was for the best. 

We got a 3 day park hopper pass even though we thought we’d only want 2.  The third day allowed us to go back for a casual day for the parade and to re-ride some of our favorite rides.  I was happy to have that.  We had a great dinner out in San Diego to Stone Brewery.  Evan really liked that.  The food was great and the restaurant was really neat.  So all in all we all had a great time.  Walter is now four FOUR years old.  How did that happen?  Thank you to everyone who sent cards/texts/emails/calls.  We got them all enjoyed opening them through the week and listening to all messages every day.  We are having a small (like almost not anything at all) party on Friday for his friends and I’m nervous no one is coming.  At least we can have a few neighbors over and play some games and eat cake, which is all he really wants!

So now we are back and we barely got a few hours of reprieve before everything kicked in! Evan told us in California that his skates broke before we left so that he needed new skates.  We decided to get on an earlier flight Saturday and I’m really happy.  He got his skates, Walter took a 4 hour nap and I got 2 loads of laundry done before Sunday.  Sunday Walter wanted to go see Evan play hockey and he loved it.  We talked about the rules, how to play, and he loved seeing his daddy.  I can’t say we’ll go every week: he was cold and did get a little bored but I can see him liking it for about 30 minutes!  He did like taunting his dad and the other team members about not winning though!  He went up to everyone in the bleachers and on Evan’s team: Hi my name is Walter, who are you here to watch?  My daddy is number 3-0 with red socks. 

I have a few minutes left to finalize our Halloween  costumes for Evan and I .  We have a few options to narrow between.   Pictures coming! 

No comments: