So many things, but 2 important lessons (to come later)
It was a typical Saturday morning, except the sun was out and we wanted to try a different trail to run this morning. I figured there was a good chance I’d stop for coffee and donuts on my way home. So, I made the (stupid) decision to grab my purse on the way out.
Drove to the trailhead and hid my purse like usual, enjoyed our walk, came back and saw my car with the passenger side window busted out.
They took my purse and everything in it. My 2 phones, my wallet, my id, my cards. My “I probably paid too much but it's my nice work purse and I worked hard for it” purse.
So far we’ve called the bank, the police and the insurance company and Safelite to schedule the window repair. Next we are off to AT&T to get a new phone, or figure out how to cancel my existing phone. I won’t be answering any calls/texts this weekend it looks like.
So the lessons I learned: Go with your gut: If you are used to leaving everything at home when you trail run, always do that. And don’t have nice things because when someone takes them from you not only do you feel incredibly violated but also very stupid that you put yourself in that situation to have those nice things taken from you.
Walter doesn’t get what happened. He told Evan we should go steal a wallet so mommy has a new one. Then he just said to me “we can buy you a new white purse mommy”. But he was even more upset when he realized my phone was gone, which is often entertaining to him.
1 comment:
I have to say a stolen purse is one of the most infuriating things I ever experienced. All of our purses were stolen from our rental car when we were there on vacation in 1971 or so.. And really I did not have anything to speak of. I am sorry! Lessons learned do stick with you. License too?
Post a Comment