Tuesday, January 11, 2011

a conversation with Walter

My conversation with Walter on the way home tonight.

W:  W-A-L-T-E-R  that’s my letters.  What are your letters, mommy?

M: S-A-R-A-H

W:  What are Daddy’s letters

M: D-A-D-D-Y

W: What are Cammies letters

M: C-A-M-M-I-E

W:  Does Casey have letters?
M: yes he does.  C-A-S-E-Y

W:  Casey is my dog.  He’s dead

M:  Yep honey, you’re right. 

W: Can I pet him?

M; No you can’t pet him but you could pet another dog.  Should we get another dog?
W: no I just want to pet Casey.

M: Well honey Casey’s dead.

W; I don’t want him to be dead, I want to pet him.

M: How about if we pet another dog?  How about if we get  a new dog or if we pet Hailey or Abbey?
W:  No, I don’t want a new dog, I just want a toy.

So there you have it!  No dog just toys.

*** Edit:  while writing this Walter is eating edamame.  He dropped one and then said, “where is our new dog?”.

Is there a new pet in our future?  I think maybe so!

2 comments:

Jeane said...

Sounds like M-O-M-M-Y might want a new dog? A pet is a nice addition to life! Never a dull moment!

Aunt Beverly said...

Maybe the new dog could be Casey II. : )