sometimes I forget how differently Evan and I see the world. Tonight we had a way too long conversation about Roth investing which ended up with both of us arguing the same point in a different manner and coming to the same conclusion: Longer period of time for investing = more earnings = roth now pre tax later. A possible shift in our income where I work part time or at a lower income = another great opportunity to defer Roth. Jeezsh that was far too complicated of a discussion.
Tomorrow I leave for Here. I’ll be “north of the artic circle” starting at about noon tomorrow and leave about 24 hours later to return to Anchorage. On Friday morning (7am) I’ll fly here for about 3 hours and then return to Anchorage for a few hours of running around. I’ll be home by 10pm Friday. The kinda nice thing about Anchorage is you can get anywhere in 5 minutes so it’s really easy to see 10 clients in a day (drop in only). Tonight at dinner with our blessing we prayed for a first class upgrade on Friday. I’m sure I’ll need it after the long trip.
This trip has caused a lot of angst at our house. Evan is convinced I won’t be warm enough, that I’m just not prepared for –40 degrees (this is not the argument, I know I’m not prepared for those temps). But I am not willing to buy a new coat for the occasion (3 days this week, 3 days in 2 weeks). I spent an hour at REI tonight and finally with the help of not 2 but 4 people decided to wear my down vest under my ski jacket and I should be OK. Apparently I need to protect my kidneys and my head. Evan thinks the hat I bought was too fashionable….I tried on 6. It cover my face and my ears and has ties to tie under my chin. I don’t know what else he expects of me. I have packed all the cashmere and smart wool I own, 1 pair of snow boots, 1 pair of hiking boots and 1 pair of “nice boots” for the running around in Anchorage on Friday, and that should be good. I am still undecided on my camera. I expect about 2 hours of twilight on the slope and have been promised a jeep tour of the tundra but if it’s dark I wonder just how many polar bears I’ll see…..I think it’s lightest about 10am.
The accommodations on the slope have been described as “picture aliens….without the aliens”. I’ve never seen aliens. but I expect barracks type living: shared showers, a mess hall for food, a gym and internet connection. I am hoping to be just tired enough that I pass out and don’t really have time to be bored or miss the overstuffed pillows, comfy bed and nice quite sleeping arrangements I usual experience when I travel for work. I have 2 books packed just in case.
I’ll report back this weekend but I’m off to finish packing and head to bed since I have a 6am flight tomorrow.
(and it’s snowing and sticking….pray for mess free travels tomorrow)
1 comment:
Can't say I am jealous! Good travel wishes!
Post a Comment