I'm sad to write about last weekend: Because that just makes it even more real that it's over. Sigh....
What an amazing weekend. For those who weren't in on the surprise: We planned a surprise 60th birthday party for Jeane last weekend and we flew home to join the party. She had no idea we were coming and was completely surprised. The party was so much fun, and it was really a great way to celebrate.
The weekend was equally amazing. Since we stayed at Conrad and Abbies, the kids played and fell in love with each other. We went to stroller strides and to the apple orchard, we read books, sang songs, ran around and followed each other in circles.
Sunday we were fortunate enough to be in town for Parkers Baptism and a great BBQ to celebrate afterwards. We then saw the entire Beitz family for pizza cake and presents before my parents went to Omaha. Monday I got to have a great afternoon with my sisters for lunch and chatting, and on Tuesday I got to see Holly, meet baby Cora and play with Clayton. That trip was way too short but I was at least glad to be there even for only a bit.
Our trip home was very uneventful: We had no hiccups and all rested well last night. It's nice to have a short week this week too!
In a hurry on Friday I booked a quick flight down to Eugene for tomorrow/Friday. However I booked the wrong flight and had to make a change today. Luckily the change puts me on an 11pm flight to Eugene so I now get an evening at home and will spend about 12 hours total in Eugene before flying back to be home at a decent time Friday afternoon.
Next week starts my travel week from hell. Monday leave to drive about 4 hours to Kennewick WA, meeting, drive to Spokane for an 8am Tuesday meeting, drive home, doctors appointment at 4:30 then Wednesday return the rental car to the airport and fly to Anchorage to return at midnight Thursday. Friday I'll work from home: I'm way more productive that way anyway.
That means this weekend I have to get ready for Walter birthday party which I've put about 2 total hours into thinking about. I'm way behind. I have some idea of how it will go down but on the Wu-Mounts and the Wahlerts have RSVP'd and I don't have any idea how many people: Kids/adults/families to expect so I don't know what type of activities to plan for.
Pictures hopefully to be loaded tonight. We had someone come take pictures for the party so those won't be ready for awhile, but stay tuned! I can't wait to see how they turned out.
Wednesday, October 06, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great surprise! Abbie's pics looked like the cousins had a great time together and have lots of fun together (as Keibler cousins always do), safe travels. Miss you guys!
Love,
Nicole and Noah
Post a Comment