If I traveled more: maybe I'd be a better blogger! Lonely nights in hotel rooms can do that to a girl I guess!
So my first trip to Alaska? Unimpressed! It might be the wrong time of year: Everything is dead but there is no snow, so it looks like a yellow dead town. It's very flat and sprawled. There are nice mountains and the inlet is pretty but I didn't see much of it. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a better view.
Other than how things look, Alaska is exactly how I expected it. It takes the average person about 1 minute to lash in to "Obama Osama". They talk a lot of politics and how badly the government is screwing up our country, and I just smile and nod with nothing really to add or to agree with!
The hospital is beautiful, which is weird. They talk about how they really can charge what ever they want because they are Alaska and no one is going to fight with them. The insurance companies don't really bother. So the docs and the hospitals just keep getting richer. But this poses the question to me: where do all of these people come from? Do they all just go to the doctor all day?
I could write or talk for hours about my first time experience in Alaska but I'm tired: I just got back to the hotel and it's 11pm (What? How did that happen).
More from me tomorrow maybe? Seems like I'll need something to do on the 4 hour plane ride home.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment