Thursday, September 16, 2010

Do they communicate on a different level?

Walter and Evan, that is?  Tonight Walter Evan and I were talking about how much I’m going to miss them and they are going to miss me while I’m gone.  I asked Walter if he knows how much I’ll miss him.  He says “ummmm, yea, thiiiiis much” and spreads his arms as wide as they can go.  Then I say “How much will you miss me?”  Same thing.  I say how much will daddy miss me?  He says “2 and a half”.  Just that matter of factly!

Why is that funny?  From the early days of our dating relationship I would ask Evan how much do you love me.  He would say something smart like 12.  I would say 12 what and he would say 12 lovies.  It was kinda an inside joke and I don’t think Walter has ever really been exposed to this, BUT tonight he picked up on our silly little habits and completely played along with out missing a beat. 

We talked about this for awhile and how 2 1/2 isn’t that much so Evan said it was if it was 2 1/2 gig!  Walter thought we were saying 2 1/2 giggles so now daddy will miss mommy 2 1/2 giggles. 

2 comments:

Aunt Beverly said...

You have such a cute little boy! (And a cute husband too!) Thanks for the sweet story.

Jeane said...

That is a cute story! Children make our perspective so much clearer in their own ways of seeing things. Hope your weekend was wonderful!