Sunday, August 08, 2010

This post is being interrupted by:

The little boy who has figured out saying, no shouting,  “I HAVE TO POOP” will get him out of bed each and every time.  We are officially 100% done with diapers. We said we’d wait out this pack but then I found a box hidden in the closet so now we have enough to last a year (at 1 a day) and it’s so annoying taking them off and on 3 times a night.  He wakes up dry 5 if not 6 nights a week.  I’m on the look out for cloth (non disposable) training pants if anyone sees any Smile  We just need something he can pull down himself.  He can take his diaper off no problem, but can’t get it back on.  

One of the times he woke me up he wanted the window shut: I have kept the house pretty much open since it got warm but he’s right, it’s just way to chilly (56 right now) for the house to be open.  Oh, and I learned my lesson on keeping the house open.

DSC_0563

That little beak there: That’s a humming bird that hung out in our house for about an hour on Friday.  I was making a beet salad for a BBQ and went to the bathroom and came back to that little guy in our house.  At least 3 cupboards were open, and the pantry.  My computer, phones and car keys were in the kitchen so I knew I had to go in there sometime, but I ran out of that room as fast as I could and shut both doors behind me.  I hung out for awhile, freaked out, called Evan (three times) called Dad, and then entered the kitchen through the same door the bird came in, to see if it had left yet.  See, last summer I ran in to the screen door, so if I want to open up the kitchen, I open the sliding door and leave it open.  After I went back in I thought he’d left because I didn’t see him.  Turns out he was still there just resting on top of the window like above.  Yes I realize I am a huge chicken and I realize that I freak out over silly things.  Evan said the way I acted he expected it to be an eagle.

 

In other news, we are pretty ashamed to admit the amount of bribery we’ve been taking part in lately.  Tonight we bribed Walter to eat his dinner with peas.  PEAS!  The kid will eat peas like they’re candy, but not a decent round meal.  I think we do it to ourselves because he likes the things we eat, just uses our negotiating against us.  So this week we are no longer going to bribe him bite by bite.  Hopefully he will eventually be a good eater.

As a first Walter sat through almost the entire 2nd hour of church today with the “big kids”.  He protested at first and then once he resigned to the idea, he wanted to go with the little kids (which he always hated). I was very pleased to have him enjoy himself especially since it’s 2nd Sunday which is when we break in to small groups: near impossible to get anything out of when W won’t let me participate or wants to keep showing me “what I make” every 5 minutes.   He had a great time, and I had a great service as well.  We’re reading Psalm this summer.  I’ve loved most of it and what I haven’t loved, others have had the same feelings so I’ve at least enjoyed the conversation and experience I’ve shared with others.

(you’ve got to be kidding.  He’s up AGAIN!  I am going to bed when this post is done and at this rate he’ll still be awake when I got to sleep)

With this wonderful weather we are having, I took it as a sign to get some things done inside this weekend.  I cleaned every closet and all the drawers.  Friday night we went to a BBQ at the Colins’.  There were 6 little girls and W, he loved it!  Last night W and I went back to the Colin's’ to babysit.  Three kids and me and I did OK!  The baby (13 months) loved watching the big kids and Walter and Aubrey were attached at the hip, they did everything together and were both exhausted.  Evan came over later in the evening after the kids were in bed and I felt a little like I was sneaking in my boyfriend. 

That’s pretty much the update from our end: Not a lot to report.  Hopefully this week we’ll get to report of some great summer fun we’ve had if the weather improves (not likely.  Rain till Wednesday and highs in the 60’s).  While we wait for summer to come back I have a bunch of recipes that have Walter appropriate steps in them, and hope to use that as a pawn to get him to eat everything we eat.  I’m hoping if he helps make it he’ll want to eat it.  It worked with peas!  We grew them in our garden so he ate them.  Then we buy them at the farmers market, he picks them out, so he eats them.  (oh that is our fun event for the week: We are meeting some girlfriends at the farmers market.  The guys are doing happy hour and the girls are do the market)

 

More from us later this week!

No comments: