Friday, August 13, 2010

Farmers Market

july2010 018

This week

july2010 006

Last week

Notice a difference?  He’s eating Chocolate today.  Walter has it in his head (can’t see how) that Farmers Market = Ice Cream.  He also thinks it means, “beans” (snap peas), strawberries and samples of fruit.  I can live with that.  He walks in, and straight to the ice cream truck (the best local fare. Organic ice cream.)  Today I had salted Carmel again and Walter had chocolate. Last week he had lavender and honey, and I had salted Carmel.  The week before we both had mint.  He finished all of his and half of mine the first week.

 

Walter eats his ice cream while I wander the market and sample the goods and wander some more.  Then we sit down and people watch and eat our acquired goods for dinner.  Tonight: Peas and strawberries.  The beets looked like left over from last week and the rest was pretty picked over.  My friends Kristie and Amy came; we were looking for raspberries and apricots but they were pretty picked over by the time we go there so we stayed with what we know.  Peas and strawberries.  From the same place.  he helps himself now  I guess you could argue he doesn’t even need me there.  But I like to think he enjoys himself more with me around!   

 

Next week I might attempt some pickles: the dill looked pretty good this week, almost about to seed which Is I think when we should try to use it (for pickles).  I want to get Kristie’s recipe (refrigerated and a huge time savings) so we’ll be able to try something new. 

No comments: