I know a girl who admittedly thinks throug her day in Facebook status updates. She'll admit to thinking about how she would describe her current state in a facebook update. Sometimes, I do this while driveing or walking but in Blog posts. I plan updates in my head and they never actaully seem to find their way to the interwebz. Last night I had an update planned and when I got home, got seated down and ready for an update, my battery was dead, and I blamed Evan since my laptop was sitting open on the kitchen table when I got home. I know I didn't leave it there!
So let's see: some samples as of late:
I got a new parking arrangement at work. It's a new garage and I love it. I have a reserved spot, it's right next door to the office and I save about 20 minutes a day in cross walk and walking time. Not to mention my heals will last longer and I will be much less wet on rainy days. There are a few things that I'm not in love with though. My spot is just as big as my car, no larger. I pull as far to the right as I can and I have to pull all the way up so my car butt doesn't hang out of the end of the spot. The person next to me always parks in the same position too and when I pull all the way up our mirrors are exactly equal and I have to squeeze out of my car. Another thing is that I now have to figure out new traffic patterns. I can get TO my car much more quickly when I leave but I might spend twice as much time as I saved in the car waiting in traffic. You win some you lose some, huh!
Yesterday I spent over 3 hours of my day in the car in traffic. Today I made a very stupid traffic mistake costing me an additional 25 minutes in traffic. Normaly I'd be very upset but coming off of yesterday I considered it no big deal. I heard there was an accident on I5 south just south of the 90/5 interchange. I take 90 to 5 north. I knew this would cause a back up on I90 so I flipped to the North and took 405 to 520 which means.....I had to drive S on I 5 right in to the 6 mile back up. What was I thinking??
Work has been going pretty well lately! We have slowed down so I get to focus on some projects that I really enjoy. I feel like I have a grasp on what I'm doing day to day and I'm not constantly coming in from behind. I've found a few new tasks that I'm really enjoying and turns out I'm not horrible at, I'm excited to develop my career more in these directions, hopefully the guys agree with me though!
I'm sure I have something more insightful to share but I'm at a loss. I am actually really excited to get out of town for the weekend. Evan will be locked, I mean stuck, I mean in the car with me for 3 hours each way he'll have no choice but to talk with me! I hope we get at least a few hours of no horrendous rain!
Happy Memorial day to all!
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Enjoy your weekend! I'm so glad work is more enjoyable right now!
See you in a couple of weeks.
Post a Comment