Saturday, April 24, 2010

Wanna know what I did today?

  • Ran 7.8 miles in 1 hour and 8 minutes
  • Took Walter to gymnastics
  • Stopped for coffee and donuts
  • Read 3 books before nap (a special treat)
  • Cleaned and organized the garage
  • Weeded the garden and the flower beds. 
  • Cleaned the down spouts and a few of the gutters (I would have cleaned more but Evan wouldn’t let me because the only ladder we have is an extension ladder and he though the ladder on the stairs of the deck was a bad idea, silly boy)
  • Cleaned the windows in the kitchen and front room (inside and out)
  • Mopped and swept the kitchen and bathroom floors
  • Pushed through (but didn’t fold) 4 loads of laundry
  • Hung the black out curtains I bought for Walters room

What’s left for me to do?

  • Vacuum the cars (I drove Evan’s today to gymnastics because my car was low on gas and we were late, but his is filthy and needs the attention)
  • shower
  • buy new running shoes
  • figure out dinner plans
  • mail birthday cards and special occasion cards
  • upload and order pictures from this month

 

 

Evan is working out now while the Pen’s play.  On his list of things to do before today is over:

Take out the recycling, Fold the laundry, Move the cars back in to the garage, Review and Critic my resume and cover letter, and most importantly, wait on me hand and foot because I am, after all, very very sick with a “severe sinus infection” which I fully have used to my advantage when I have needed to!

I’m off to shower and get the cobwebs and gutter filth out of my hair so Walter and I can go buy me some new running shoes.  Dinner will be something not very exciting and I’m sure we’ll all be thrilled with that!

 

A question though: Is a Fathers Day gift, like an A frame ladder that the recipient would use but really not enjoy, a good gift or a bad gift?  We need one.  Bad.  It will really mean that he’ll be able to do things he says he can’t do now, and it will allow me to do things like clean the outsides of the windows  in the front of the house, finish the gutters and trim the maple tree, but he doesn’t like it when I climb ladders so likely he’ll end up doing it, making more work for him.  BUT, we need one! 

 

As for mothers day: I’ve given Evan 3 ideas for mothers day in varying price points.  Something practical, something frivolous, and something reasonable.  I also told him I wanted him to hang the clothes line he got me last year for mothers day, and do 1 full day of all of my chores.  As for what I want to do I want him to come shopping with me for what ever he decides to get me!

I asked for: a clematis (that he also plants for me in one of my boxes on the porch), a patio dining set, and a steam cleaner that I’ve been eyeing on TV (don’t judge, I know it silly but I actually know people that have it and love it and it's actually great quality) and I told him I want Walter to get me some essential oils so the bathroom doesn’t smell like vinegar after I clean anymore (he complains just as much as Walter does so we all win with that one).  That one might take some work because he’ll have to figure out where to buy them.  I probably should give him some tips.  Thing is, I’ve mentioned all of these things numerous times and I asked him just a few moments ago if he remembered and he didn’t remember any of it!  I will have to write it down I guess!

 

Happy Saturday all!

No comments: