Althought this week was hard on me, I'm so glad it's over! And all the crazieness made it fly by!
Sunday night I was on a red eye from Seattle to JFK, JFK to Charlotte NC. From Charlotte I drove about an hour to Spartansburg SC for meetings at 1:30 pm 3:30 pm and midnight.
Fortunately after I got there they decided to move the midnight meeting to 10:30pm . This was both good and bad. I'd hoped to nap between meetings but the turn around was a bit tight so instead I caught up on work and enjoyed my hotel upgrade for being customer of the day (Huh? What ever, I'll take it!)
I flew back out of Charlotte on the 7am flight which put me up at 5:30am, (or for those of you doing the math that was 2:30 am my time). I flew back home and was Dead tired for the rest of the week. On top of it all I was coming off that cold from last week so my sinus's decided to hate me for the rest of the week. The pressure was killing me. Last night I finally got a little releif with the Netty Pot. It's addicting though! I think I had to do it 3 times just becuase the relief it provided was so immediate I wanted to keep feeling that! Aside from a tooth ache (I'm falling apart) I feel pretty good today, almost normal in fact.
I slept in today and took Walter to day care. He's a silly boy; he's been affraid of wierd things lately. Today he was affraid of a crack in the sidewalk, woulnd't cross it and whined until I came and held his hand! last week our neighbors dog ran away and came into our house when we were coming home. I have never seen him so scared. It's a little froo froo dog so maybe he was affraid of all the hair and all the energy but he was frightened out of his mind! And last night he was affraid of the birds. We got home and I wanted to go look at our garden to show him the peas are coming up as are the beans and carrots and he would not let go of my leg he was affraid of the birds in the tree above the garden! Silly little boy.
Evan has been engrossed with hockey play offs, we really will miss him for the next few months (Yikes! I wish the play offs weren't so long). He is strongly encouraged to come upstairs for dinner and eat with us, but that just means it takes him that much longer to watch the game and last night, when I went to bed at 11:30, he was STILL watching the game in 2nd OT. I don't know how late he stayed up watching it. It's hard for him because he already has to watch it at a 3 hour delay so he has to avoid all news and internet sites until it's over. And Walter is picking up some bad habits too: he now wants to "go rest with daddy" which means lay on the couch and watch hockey. Last sunday he woke up early and I asked him if he wanted to lay back down with Daddy because I knew he was still tired. He said yes and got upset with me when I put him in our bed: he wanted to be down stairs on the couch.
Let's see; what other news is there? That's about it. Iam pretty happy with the shape of our yard lately: the work has really paid off. The grass is growing , the trim is holding out and the weeds are staying under control because we put a few minutes in every day. One of these days we'll have to focus on the back yard, but that's a larger task. We have almost no sunlight back there and it's near impossible to get the lawn mower back there. I dream of nice lush grass back there but who knows if that is possible. I am going to hang the hammock on the deck this weekend so when walter plays in his sandbox for hours I can lay there with him and read or something (wait, that doesn't sound like me, maybe it can be a new thing for me)
Friday, April 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you survived your week- sounds like a terrible way to start a week. The hammock idea and quiet down time for you does sound atypical but worth a try. Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment