I came home from track work out tonight and Walter and Evan were eating pizza in the basement: Walter on the floor, Evan on the couch, watching hockey. What a lucky boy! It’s officially hockey play off season and once again the time difference disappoints Evan when all the teams he wants to watch play East Coast time. I have a feeling evenings like tonight will become more common through the playoff season. I hope games are on Wednesday nights so track work out is less of an inconvenience for Evan :)
I wish I had some great updates to give or some fantastic news to share but, really we’ve got nothin. It’s been 2 weeks since Walter has had an accident and he will now go to the bathroom when asked with out pitching a fit which is nice. We do still have to read his “poo poo book” when he does have to go, but he knows the words just as well as we do so he basically reads to us as well. He’s had a few much better days at school and is listening a lot more. He has a few days a week that he doesn’t nap and that really has an impact on how he does for the day.
We really didn’t do much over the weekend. We had friends over Saturday night and I ran a 12K on Sunday. It was really nice Saturday to sleep in, wake up with my boys since we ran Sunday instead. We played outside a lot: Walter’s favorite thing in the world is his new sandbox. At dinner on Saturday he really was able to entertain the crowd with his sand box; all the boys had a great time.
Evan got sick on Sunday and he was kind enough to share his germs with us so I got the worst of it yesterday. I had a pretty important presentation today that I’d worked pretty hard on so I didn’t want to have to miss it: I dosed up on Nyquil last night and felt OK today. I loaded up on meds an hour before my presentation praying I’d make it through with out my nose exploding or snot dripping down my face. It was only supposed to be 40 minutes. An hour and a half into it I was so miserable I knew if I had to talk anymore I’d be choking back snot (sorry it’s gross I know)but I didn’t want to subject the entire room to my nose blowing. Desperate I waited until the water pitcher was empty and jumped at the first chance to go fill it up. I hate being sick in my line of work. Meetings and presentations that last hours are so difficult when you can’t breath or when you have a cold that puts you on your death bed. I made it through and made it to track and had a decent work out and now plan to veg out since Walter is in bed.
Sadly there is really nothing else to update. Walter is such a grown up these days: He can hold a real conversation with you, he can dress himself, he can pour his own milk, make his bed, take off and put away his coat, puts his shoes away, puts his laundry away (except the top shelf of his closet). We’ll say what book do you want to read tonight and he’ll say something obscure like the tree book and he knows exactly what book it is, where it is on the shelf and if we miss any words while reading it. Meanwhile we didn’t even know what the tree book was! Monday I went to the baseball game and when I dropped him off in the morning told him I’d bring him a souvenir from the baseball game. When Evan picked him up he asked if he and Baby Ben and Sarah could go to the baseball game this weekend. He asked me yesterday if Carmen could come over to go to the zoo. I don’t know where he gets this stuff but he defiantly has an idea in his mind!
If anyone is interested in babysitting this weekend; let me know (wink wink) we really want a night out just the 2 of us: It’s been awhile since day care has done a Parents Night Out, sadly and we really use that as our chance to get out as adults. We miss it.
I hope to not be as long between posts next time. Something exciting or noteworthy should probably happen first.
1 comment:
I must tell you that your normal days are exciting for me to read about. I enjoy hearing about your days. The part about skipping words brings back memories. Sorry you have been under the weather. We need to find you a baby sitter! You do need time away alone. Maybe we can Skype sometime this weekend- tomorrow is Friday already!
Post a Comment