Monday, December 07, 2009
Today we are....
1- setting records with temps....highs in the 20's, that's not Seattle weather people, we don't know how to handle this weather. I should be prepared, but I forgot my gloves in my car so my hands froze while I walked in to the office. I was on the phone with Evan trying to sort out some details because
2- sharing a car. And this is likely to continue the rest of the week, talk about inconvenient. God Bless Evan though, I told him last night we all had to be dressed, and in the car by 7am today: we were walking out of the house at 6:58. I still spent over an hour in the car between daycare, Microsoft, and then my drive in to work. I'll have to rent a car later this week if things don't get fixed because I have to go East Thursday and Friday.
3- praying that the car is easily fixed. Through self diagnosis we have narrowed it down to a starter or a computer problem. If it's the later, this car may be going to live in the car grave yard (I already chatted with the car last time it was broken that if it gave us just a few more years, we'd take real good care of it, apparently he's forgotten our convesation). I'll cry for days, out of the heartache of having to have a car payment again, and then we'll have to decide what to do with the transportaion needs of the family.
4- 11 days away from being home for 14 days. Beyond excited
We had a nice weekend, Walter enjoyed the Santa Train. He was a bit tired when it was all over. He's had a nice weekend: Both days he woke up and got out of bed on his own, a first for him. Saturday he knocked at the door and said "mommy, come out please?". Sunday he was quietly playing football by himself. We are beyond thrilled that he's so easy to entertain. We fully expect an aweful day today for him getting up an hour earlier than normal and he was up late last night too. I'll post pictures from the Santa Train later. I'm pretty disapointed that we didn't get a single decent family shot. Christmas cards might go out in April this year, people. partly because I'm busy and partly because I am not as skilled as I'd like to be with my camera and keep trying to get the "perfect shot" but it just isn't working. Not that I have a hard subject, he's cute all the time, it's just me not knowing how to get the camera to do what I want. Sigh.
Happy Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love late anything cards -Christmas included! Give yourself a break and just accept that this is an okay thing. My book (book study) The Advent Conspiracy says that indeed we need to remember what it is that Christmas is all about. It helps to keep things in perspective. I'll keep my fingers crossed about the car!
Post a Comment