When Walter woke up at 6am this morning, and I was getting ready for the day while he played, I kindly woke Evan to tell him that I didn't think our happy baby would be happy much longer in his crib alone and he'd need to get up. Evan frowned and said that Brian told him not to come in till after noon today because he'd been working so hard all week. So I took Walter in this morning. Opps, I didn't tell them our schedule change and there was no one there! I had to leave him in the preschool with the MUCH older kids.
Yesterday didn't start off much better either. I took him in again because (I actually can't remember why I took him yesterday, maybe to let Evan sleep because Walter was up early again?) and between picking up my keys for the first time, and getting in the car, I had to change 2 more times. He spit up on me twice. Then I shut my keys in the door and dropped my bag down the stairs. I thought that not having to cart the car seat in and out would be helpful but it's kinda worse because now squirmy tries to escape when I carry him.
I do really like his big boy car seat though. Last night we went out to dinner, Evan met us after we ran and I rode back in the back seat with Walter and it made me really sad to see him looking so big in his big boy seat. He's going to love it when he gets to turn around. We'll see in 2 weeks if he is big enough to face forward yet.
Now that we have signed our 6 month lease extension our housing search is officially on. We upped our price, again, for a variety of reasons but mostly because we don't want to have to are considering increasing our price. It will be a very stressful 6 months for us. A co worker today said are you sure you can handle this? Maybe you should go away for awhile and come back to having Evan done it all for you. She's probably right but I am excited to start seriously looking. I just am not sure 6 months will be enough time :)
There were all sorts of other things I was going to say today but not in the mood right now, like how horrible a week I had running and how far behind my goals I feel but Evan reminded me my training program has a room for this so I'm just going to re do this week and hopefully be ready for the next week which is going to be the toughest yet. I'm off to enjoy summer. Yes, it's finally here. It's so warm and going to be so warm tomorrow our Ozone will challenge LA tomrrow. The are discouraging any sort of outdoor exercise or lawn mowing with a gas mower at all this weekend. I guess gas mowers create more pollution than cars? Weird who would have thought. I'm loving it though and can't wait to enjoy it. Everyone is complaining about how hot it was last night but I didn't think it was anything to comment about.
I Love Summer.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment