Well Walter never did nap but he got crankier and crankier. ( I got him a new block set at PB Kids and he loves them. Aside from not being that educational like I wanted some of them have colors and make noises and he loves that about them. He also got a cheapy yard sale rubber block set and when he is cranky those 2 sets of blocks entertain him for at least 10 minutes which feels like an enternity when you want to shove some food in your mouth)
Evan didn't get home till after 7:45 and never called to tell me he was going to be late so after 40 minutes of waititng to eat thinking he'd be home "any minute" I gave up and left Walter to entertain himself with the blocks while I shoved cold lasagna and dressing less salad in my mouth, I just forgot the dressing and when I realized what was missing it was almost all gone so I figued I'd made it this far with out dressing, no need for it now. I have about 4 baby food freezer containers of avacado that W won't eat now that I've been using for things. Avacado freezes OK but doesn't keep well beyond being thawed so it's crucial that it gets used the same day it comes out of the freezer. It's been going in salad acting as dressing if you will.
When Evan finally got home and he shoved his food in his mouth while I cleaned up, we decided to go on a walk to talk because neither of us could be working or cleaning while walking and we'd have no choice but to talk :) I know it seems bad, it's not really that bad.....not every day at least. We had a lot to catch up on so the walk wasn't long enough but it was long enough to put Walte to sleep, about an hour too early. He's been waking at night lately anyway but I was hoping to move away from that action, not solidify it more with an early bed time. We've both been spoiled by him sleeping so late in the morning I better just get used to him being up early like "normal" and get to bed now so that I can get up in time to get ready. We have both been picking at my finger for most of the last 2 hours. We'll see if we actualy got anything out or just made some holes in my skin. Thanks for all of the suggestions. The next thing I need is gardening gloves that keep rose bush thorns out. How do most people keep thorns out of their fingers while gardening? I already wear gloves.
Tomorrow is play group at the park and then a track work out. Evan promised he'd try to be home by 7:30 so I can get a track work out in with no stroller. That would be some sight, wouldn't it?!? I am giving the baby backpack back to it's owner tomorrow so I'd really like to buy a new one this weekend, or a used one, but another one. I had planned to take the boys on a hike this weekend up North and with out the back pack there is no way I'm doing the 2000 ft climb. We are touring day cares next week and then scouring neighborhoods around which ever day care we like. Oh and a last thought, Walter eats like an angel at day care. Go figure. She said today she has a todler who won't eat ANYTHING at home so her mom is in fits trying to figure out how to nourish her on the weekends. She has every meal including dinner at day care during the day and won't sit in her high chair or eat at home so I guess it could be worse. eat any of it.
More from me this week sometime. Can someone please bring summer back? I'm not ready for sweaters yet. I'll give you today as a pass, but I expect to return to shorts and Tshirts at least by the weekend.
XOXOXO
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment