Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday evening

Random

What a weekend. We started off Friday with Walter sick. I think he week of no napping caught up to him. Runny nose, cough, fever. He was not a happy boy. Saturday he slept in and then spent more time napping than awake but I'm sure he needed it. It was hot HOT HOT this weekend so we slept in the basement for naps and then put up the PNP for getting walter to sleep. At about 6pm he woke up from his las nap and was up till after 10 and happy as could be. We went to David and Anita's for a BBQ so it was nice to be outside and not have to cook. But when we got home the house was an oven. I might have to get blinds for the dining room window to keep the afternoon sun out. Because 90+ degrees two days in a row with no air makes the temp inside hotter than out. In the evenings it isn't' getting below 80 which doesn't help. Today his fever was better never really returned after the 2nd round of tylenol but I'm using my mommy instinct to call it his ears. he's consistantly pulling on his left ear and he screams when we lie him flat. He's only napped in his stroller, car seat, or bouncy chair (we hadn't used that in months) all weekend so I'm pretty sure that's it. I called the peditrician about 4 times this weekend and we all decided (all 3 of us) we aren't going to medicate him unless he isn't better by Tuesday. She said inner ear infections normaly run their course with out meds but to have him treated before he flies on Friday. They aren't draining and they aren't visably red so I'm going to go with this. I want to avoid medicating everytime something goes wrong so Evan and I agree: No antibiotic at this point.



I'm so thankful this is a short week. And next week is to thanks to our final trip of the summer (so far anyway). I'm really looking forward to New York. I only wish we had more time to do some sight seeing and to have little bit of time to ourselves. When we get back we have a whole list of things to do and to see while summer is here in the Pacific Northwest.



So tomorrow we have Stephanie coming to sit with Walter. She is a sister of a friend of a friend. She came over on Friday and we got to meet her and she likes Casey and seems really good so I'm sure things will be great. She isn't cheap, but she's cheaper than an agency. I'm just excited that one more week and he'll be back in day care. I can't wait to see the updates. There is a wading pool at Greenlake which is reminds me of a fountain, but with no spout, that they fill with water in the summer. Tomorrow I think Stephanie is going to take Walter. I told her they should spend most of the evening outside or in the basement because it will be hot. I do think it's supposed to cool off though.



OK It's almost my bed time. I managed (by some miracle I'm sure) to get through all the laundry and it's almost all put away (except Evan's). I still have to do some residual ironing from before I decided that at $1 a shirt I'd have my work clothes dry cleaned. Now if I only could remember to pick it UP from the dry cleaners!

No comments: