Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday, where did the week go?

THis is the color of the skies in Seattle today. I don't know that I've ever had a better view of Mt. Baker out of my office window. No complaints! In fact I will soon be loosing my view. We are forced to make a decision on where our office will now be located. We looked into getting our own space on the East side but that lasted about 10 minutes and then we decided we would pick up the lease on the office space 1 floor down from where we are now. It's going to be nice, and we will be a lot happier, but I'm not sure what my view will change to: Either the building next door, or Elliott Bay. Elliott Bay would be nice but I'm not going to fight for that view because I don't like to push over silly things like that and others do so I'll take what ever office they give me.

We have had a busy week. I hate weeks like this. For the 2nd week in a row Evan has been burning the midnight oil. Not getting home till after 8 which means he eats at work which means I eat what ever I can find, and when I get time which is no t till he's home. I have been getting a good amount of running and playing with Walter in.

Walter's week has been rough. The nanny this week likes to take him to the park, and stay there in "nanny ville" all week. It's this area of Green Lake where all the nannys hang out. She leaves around 10 am and gets home around 4pm. She's a runner also so she runs down there, he sleeps in the stroller for his am nap and then sleeps on the way home but that is not nearly enough for him. He's been cranky every night because he's not getting enough sleep. I told her that I'd like him to get 2 naps in and nap for at least 1 hour each day. yesterday her notes said he "didn't want to nap". She also loses things. A shoe is missing. I've scoured the house for it. Evan forgot to ask her this am where it was.

Walter had swimming last night. He hated it. The water was cold so he shivered and then he just didn't want to be in the water anymore. Hopefully he'll get used to it becaue I already paid so we will finish out the lessons. I thought about bringing the camera but though how stupid that was, it's not a big deal, no one else will have cameras. I couldn't have been more wrong. ALL of the other kids had 1 parent in the water and the second parent watching taking pictures and video. I was lonely :( After swimming we played at the park for a bit and then ran to the grocery store and then back home. It was a good night. He keeps me company and is a lot of fun to be around. He's even figuring out how to "fall" on his own on to his bottom so when he is tired of standing he just plops down!

That's about it from our end. It's going to be a nice weekend so I'm looking forward to some family time. We actualy have a weekend at home, then will be gone for the next 2, so it will be good to get some relaxing done and to have some time spend just the 3 of us. I hope Evan doesn't have to work all weekend.

No comments: