Tomorrow is Monday :( I much prefer Saturday and Sunday!
We had a good, busy, but good weekend. Saturday Walter and I played and did yard work until Evan woke. We went with David Anita and Jak to the solstice parade and fair. We missed most of the parade though. It was quite an eventful day. We were home in time for dinner, calzones and a movie. I got a ton of chores done and was pretty tired early.
Walter had a rough day today. He had a "I'm 8 months, can't nobody break by stride can't no body hold me down" day. Before we left to look at houses, he'd fallen three significant times, giving himself a fat lip. He has this box which lives in the living room and has a bunch of toys in it. He used to like to take the toys out and put them back in. Then he liked to flip it over and pull himself up on it, but it's only a box so it's not that sturdy. The worst time he fell, the fat lip time, he got himself up and then wanted something on the otherside of it and the box flipped over under his weight and he did a sumersault. The second time he fell INTO the box. It flipped again, and he went over it with his head, his torso was in it and legs were out the otherside. The final time he fell I was doing laundry and heard the bump. He is so fast at his army crawl it's hard to keep up with him. He scooted over to the plant stand that holds the phone and wanted to use that to pull himself up, expect it's also not that strong and he pulled it and the phone over on top of himself. He cried pretty hard on that one.
After looking at houses, lunch, a trip to the park (walter loves swings, hates the slide), and a breif run, I went to babies r us to find a toy that is meant for a 9 month old to pull them selves up on and play with. Such things do exist. I was outside trimming the rose bushes when I heard a wail. Evan and Walter came outside, he fell off that toy too. I know it sounds like we are neglectful parents but most of the time we have been on the ground playing with him and he gets away or he move in the wrong direction and bonks. So.... he's had a rough day. He slept a lot today, 2 hour long naps, then fell asleep while we were jogging and went to bed in about 2 minutes before his new bed time. Poor boy. This does mean that before too long he will be walking. I need to get him some new shoes that have grippies on the bottom. His puma's are almost too small and they are the only pair that still fit him. I got him some tennies that are size 3, and they make him look like Elmo in Elmo got new shoes, but that is the size that he should be in now. He's growing way too fast.
Evan has a busy next 2 weeks. Which is fine. We have Natalie's sister coming tomorrow to nanny. She called tonight, is much more chipper and friendly than Natalie but Natalie was SO GOOD with Walter, I can't complain. She is nervous around babies but her sister told her he's the best and that she'll be fine so she feels better. I just hope he lives up to his expectations. This will be a pretty hectic week for me too but we'll manage.
I'm off to write out instructions for the nanny and then to bed.
More from us later this week.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hard to believe that Walt is trying to pull himself up on these kinds of things. That in and of itself will keep the nanny busy. Baby proofing is quite a chore when he can get himself up to that next level. Wishing you all a great week.
Love and a hug,
Jeane
Post a Comment