Friday, June 20, 2008

acceptance

Wasn't I just here? I think so! Hard to believe enough has happened in my life in the last 12 hours that is of interest to anyone. Before bed last night I paid bills. Over vacation Julie was reminding me that I should be praying for acceptance instead of for patience. I took it to heart. And wouldn't you know what happened (my dad always said when you pray for patience God will test it and I've found that to be mostly true).

I have accepted not having a house and in fact, may be a bit greatful! (shhhh don't tell Evan, he still needs to think I want a house yesterday so we can continue with our plan) We make above average salaries, are still young and don't have a large family and we are feeling the impact or rising costs quite significantly. Plus, house prices are continuing to go down or to at least stop rising. If we would have purchased a house a year ago who knows what kind of situation we would be in now. I'm sure we would be looking at even steaper energy costs, more gas because of living further away and not raises big enough to cover the increase in prices. Plus we probably would have paid too much for what ever we bought. The lesson in all of this is to trust that there is a bigger plan and that things will work out. But on a more realistic approach, we have to do something about how much we are paying each month. Our costs have gone up enough that I noticed and I never notice things like that. Our gas budget is nearly double what we were paying last year at this time and our utilities have more than doubled. I'm trying to convince Evan to reduce our cable plan to recoup some of those expenses. The most annoying thing is our oil bill went up, and we already "bought" the oil. They fill the tank and then charge you 10% of the outstanding bill each month based on the price of oil when the tank was filled. they are now adding a 3.5% cost adjustment to our bill. How is that possible? We've already been delivered the goods, how can they change the price now?

This weekend I've planned a nice amount of not much. The yard needs some serious attention (did I mention that last nights dinner was completed with a few springs of cilantro from our garden and chard spinach, before it goes bad? The cilantro is about to go to seed though so I had to get some good out of it. I'm sad I missed most of it) I'm half tempted to leave the garden weed-y since the veggies are still growing despite the weeds. I have to do some serious work on the front flower beds and that might take most of my free energy. we will probably try to catch the solstice parade on Saturday and meeting with some builders on Sunday although it's looking like we won't go that route due to not wanting to lock into anything at this point because I don't think prices will stay where they are. I at least want to check out the model homes and see what we like and if they still have the surplus they have now in 5 months, we can talk at that point.

More from me....sometime.

No comments: