Friday, May 30, 2008

Short Week

Whew, that was a fast week! I love short weeks and next week is short as well! Evan has been very busy at work, they have a deadline of some sorts on Monday and he's picked up some work from others. He's been working late, coming home and working again.

I have been sick this week. Not sure what it is or if my body is just trying to tell me to take it easy but it's left me wanting to go to bed the minute I get home. This combined with Evan working so much and being out of town last weekend means the house is M E S S Y! I wish the cleaning fairy would show up while I'm at work today and do a little tiddy-ing up. Tonight is MOPS, the last one of the year so I should go and be happy about it but I still don't know what I'm supposed to bring for our party so that makes it a little stressful for me to leave work on time to get Walter fed and get something ready for the party.

Camaron and Chris have to be out of their apartment by Sunday. Walter and I went over last night to help them load the boxes they have packed into their PODS (Walter was a ton of help as you can imagine). It went quickly but honestly looking at the place, they have alot of work left to do and want to be done today so that we can all go camping on Saturday night. I offered to help her clean tonight, I think she's gonna need it but I won't go unless it resembles packed. They are staying with us starting tonight until they leave sometime the week we are gone in Deep Creek so it's going to get exciting at our place! We also got a dresser from them that we will use in Walter's room. I really regret not getting him a dresser originaly and thought that the mini armiore would be good since he doesn't really have any closet space but now I'm regretting that. I think we will move the mini armiore to the dining room and use it for things that find their way inside with no place to call "home" (Walters diaper bag, things from the car, junk that accumulates in the dining room)

Now that Walter is more mobile, army crawling all over the place, his favorite toys are anything that resembles a bottle, lotion, diaper cream, ect... and cords. We have to keep a much tighter eye on him. He tries to "really crawl" all the time and gets frusterated, I feel bad for him. He's starting to clap also. At the recomendation of day care we started to feed him puffs and cheerios and it's really helped him use his hands more. He gets 5 each time he gets a meal and manages to get 1 or 2 in his mouth but loves to play with them. It makes meal times much more time consuming but also allows me a few minutes to get the dishes cleaned and the kitchen cleaned up while he tries to feed himself. He also is on a much more consistant schedule of waking at 7am, which Evan is not crazy about. I am going to see if he will start getting up with him at 7am and feeding him breakfast before he goes to day care. That might shift his schedule so he's ready for dinner before 7pm, which would be nice for all of us I think. We are still waiting to hear back from Microsoft "back up care" for the 2 week hiatus we have to take from day care in June. I'm trying to have faith that it will all work out but will only feel better when I know for sure. I guess if it doesn't work out, I get a 2 week un paid vacation to hang out with the boy. I'm sure work will LOVE that!

Tomorrow we are heading up to the Mountain Loop Highway near Everett for 1 night of camping and a nice moderate hike with Camaron, Chris and some of their friends. It's sure to be interesting mix of individuals. Natalie doesn't like Christina, and I think it works both ways. Christina is mad at me (I've met her twice, how she can be "mad" at me is weird) because she convinced Camaron to give away all of her clothes and I un did all the work she did. I don't think Camaron has the money to go buy all new clothes when she gets to Boston. She has articles of clothing and pairs of shoes that cost more than any 1 things I've ever purchased and I don't think giving that stuff away is good for Camaron, she'll just go buy more in a few months! Plus her weight yo-yo's so she needs smaller clothes so she doesn't go out and drop hundreds of dollars when she looses a few pounds. Just my opinion.

No comments: