Wednesday, May 14, 2008

manic wednesday

It's been an odd day. Clearpoint is being/has been bought. I must admit I saw it coming with the changes in the pipe line on health care, their business model would blow up if they didn't diversify their core business a bit. They were purchased by a P&C company out of so cal. This has little to no impact on our group except expanding our potential distribution network to that region. We now have a larger book on which to draw potential clients. Some of my fav employees are gone now due to duplication of job responsibilities. But that comes with the new owners. Management will stay the same. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. I'm have a server sense of guilt today. I was told by multiple people that I should be submitting to Sahmir's insurance company our receipts for hotel and food due to our un expected stay in Chicago. For some reason I feel guilty doing so. I'm not sure why exactly but I feel like I'm taking advantage. I've gotta run to a happy hour in honor of the announcement today. Paul asked that I go to support and encourage the partners so I'll be a mom and leave early but at least I'll be there.

No comments: