Friday, February 22, 2008

I feel guilty saying this....

...given the current weather affecting most of our friends and family, but it is 54 degrees and S U N N Y here. We have had sun since Monday. It's amazing and puts Seattleites in such a good mood! Yesterday when we were getting coffee my check out guy at Starbucks (who knows us by name becuase we are there almost daily) was commenting that everyone is is such higher spirits when we get this February sunny streak. No one cares if you wait in line for 10 minutes, or they get your order wrong because it's sunny outside! And to further that I've actually gotten home when the sun was still out thanks to a combination of days getting longer and me leaving earlier. I've finally got a grove where I leave at about 5 or 5:15 and then do about 45 min to an hour of work at home to feel "caught up" before I get into the office in the morning. Aunt Barbie has been a blessing to have around this week. The compnay is great, she and Walt are getting to spend some great time together and learning a lot about one another I'm sure. Friday's are always so hard for me, I'm tired of being gone from him all week and tired from the week so I'm anxious for it to be 5 O'clock. Walt hasn't slept through the night all week. Last night he was up a lot, could have been from his shots or because he was in bed before Barbie and I got back from Target at 8:30. At 5 I asked Evan to get up with him because I knew he wasn't hungry. Evan quickly did get up, I was very greatful. But he got grumpy with me when I asked if everything was OK because if he's going to get up, I shouldn't be up too. I guess he is right. Walt had his 4 month apt yesterday. He is doing great! 15lbs 23 3/4inches long. 50% for weight and 75% for height. he's got his mom's metabolism though because she could not believe how much he is eating. The requirements for starting rice cereal are: Doubling birth weight (not yet), holding up head (yes), and eating more than 37 oz a day (yes). So we will wait to start but she couldn't believe he took 3 bottles of at least 7-8 oz and then nursed 4 times a day. She thinks he might keep that midnight feeding for awhile becuase he's just a big eater! TOnight Barbie is going to MOPS with me. We are talking about creative affordable birthday partie ideas. I'm excited. I'm bringing rice crispy treats so we had to make a trip to Target last night to get some of the fixins. Tomorrow Camaron and I are meeting at the gym and then we are going to take Aunt Barbie to PCC, and to a park down south. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can get some yard work done, but I'm not going to complain if it doesn't because 5 days of sunshine is enough for me. In fact, I can see Mt. Baker out my window at work and I haven't done that in months! Happy weekend, and I hope things warm up for the rest of the country!

No comments: