Wednesday, February 20, 2008

For Perspective

Look how much our little man has grown already? I thought he was the cutest baby in the world when he was born, and at 1 month ect... but he keeps getting cuter and cuter!

4 Months Old
3 Months Old

2 Months Old

1 Month Old
I was reading back through a few old posts last night and was thinking how big Walt is getting. I haven't been doing a very good job of "sharing" that, and that is the point of me writing here. So here are some updates, and then a look back at how bit he's getting.
  • He now knows what his hands are and how they work. He can grab at things above his head (his play bar in his crib for instance, this am he was holding on to one of the toys that hangs from it), and he is constantly pulling his pacificer out of his mounth, partly on accident, partly because it makes me laugh and he likes it when I laugh.
  • He is starting to remember things, like when I put my fingers in his hands and put his hands over his eyes and we play peek-a-boo, now when I start to move my hands in his hands up to his face, he starts to smile before I even do peek-a-boo.
  • He talks SO MUCH. When he's awake and happy he just jabbers all the time. His G and B sounds are the best right now. He can almost do a raspberry on his own. He's done it a few times on accident but you can see him trying to recreate that feeling in his lips.
  • I was worried about him being a pacificer baby, learning to talk through it, not being able to give it up, or waking up every time it falls out, but he's doing great with it. He needs it to settle down a bit when he gets upset but then he's fine if it falls out (most of the time, some times if he's not quite asleep yet he'll cry for it)
  • And finally last night, he fell asleep in my arms about 10pm. Evan went and put him in his bed and he woke back up, so I put him in his little sleep sack, he was still awake, happy smiling. I turned on his mobile and some music and he put himself to sleep! It's such a releif that he can put him self to sleep and doesn't have to be rocked/nursed/held ALL the time (only for naps:))

No comments: