Thursday, November 01, 2007

what a day!

I hear a baby stirring so not sure how much of this entry I'll actualy finish
Today was a rough day. Starting at 8pm last night, during dinner, Walt started wanting to eat every 2 hours. He wasn't getting a full meal, just snacking. I was OK with it because I'm still in the mind set that he's too young to pick up bad habits and just let him eat when he's hungry but it's starting to wear on me! I got up after his 9:30 am feeding, and he was up pretty much from that point till about 2pm. He fussed and cried and would snack, fall asleep for about 10 minutes (while feeding) and then spit up all over him and me and we'd go through the entire thing again. We went through 4 outfits (for him, I just stayed dirty and stinky) before I decided not to bother changing him any more, unless he was wet enough to be uncomfortable. I think he might have a tummy ache or some gas so I called the peditrician to see what to give him and when (before eating or after) so hopefully that will help.
He's been down now for over 2 hours in which time I was able to shower and eat lunch and finaly start to pick up from this morning. I haven't felt the need to nap yet but I've been going pretty hard since 9:30 and slept in 2 hour stretches before that. Looks like it will be an early night for me again which is too bad because Evan probaly won't be home till after 7:30 so we won't get much time to spend together.
On the plus side, my parents get here tomorrow night. We are all very excited to see them and have them meet their newest grandson.
Finaly, this may be why Walt is only sleeping in 2 hour stretches now: He is breaking out of swaddle almost every time he goes down. We are going to try to keep this up for now hoping it will keep him sleeping better, but he is telling us he does not like it. Notice he's on his side too.....He's "supposed" to sleep on his back, but what if we can't keep him like that? Silly boy!

No comments: