Monday, November 12, 2007

Small steps

I just returned from my first run post partum. I felt pretty good besides my boobs feeling like they were the size of my head. I even pumped right before I left. It felt great to get out and get moving, all 1.6 miles of it, but I got out there and I'll take it 1 step at a time. It's gotta be easier to jump back into it, right? I am not going to set any goals yet, I'll just see how the next 2 weeks go. I was going to go this am but it felt like Oz outside this am. We had a pretty bad storm so I opted to go back to bed insted :) The baby just fell asleep, so I'm going to go put wrap him up, read him a book and put him in bed. Evan didn't get to feed him the bottle I pumped for him last night, he didn't wake up until after 1am. I used to read about and talk to mothers who would get upset if they "wasted" pumped breast milk and I dind't understand it because it is in theory an unlimited supply. But I had to throw away the bottle I had last pumped for last night and it was pretty upsetting. It's not fun to pump and to just have to throw it away....it was hard to do! Lesson learned, i will leave the BM in it's own bottle until ready to feed. It should be good for at least 2 days by its self. Yesterday i combined it with the left over from Saturday that was previously frozen and only good for 24 hours. Lesson learned!

No comments: