Thursday, October 04, 2007
brrr
3 words: Cold, tired, full
I'm laying in bed, eating ice cream, knitting, and surfing the web. Talk about multi tasking,! Evan is playing Halo with Pat and Brian. We just turned the heat on. It's pretty cold! It seems odd to have the heat on but not be wearing a jacket yet. It's in the upper 50's during the day but when the sun goes down it's chilly. It's 46 right now.
Tomorrow is Friday and not a day too soon. I think I had the last of all baby preparation classes this week: Breastfeeding. I learned a lot and I'm glad I went, it answered a lot of questions I have and gave me a lot more confidence. I am going to try to nurse as long as possible, the only thing I'm worried about is going back to work and figuring out how to make that work into real life again. She (the instructor) indicated that at 3 months he will still be eating every 3 hours or so which means I'll have to pump every 3 hours? Our book says that of those that last 3 months nursing but stop before 6 months, 90% of them stop because of a work schedule. It's going to be a challenge for me to get through that period.
I went to see Dr Miller today. Good news is I'm 2cm dialated. Bad news is I could stay that way for 2 weeks! Techincly there are 11 days until my due date so that is not much longer than the original plan. Thing is though, my desk is clear of clutter, my to do list at work is completed, and my torso done being used as a punching bag. I am going to wait though until my body decides it's ready and try to find some ways to cope. The first is to set small things to look forward to: I have my last meeting tomorrow, we are going to the pumpkin patch this weekend, and then are going to try to set a "date" for next week sometime.
No other plans this weekend. We will probably go to the Wu-Mounts (Melissa and Brians) on saturday. They have a bunch of beer and wine left over from their wedding. Sunday I really want to watch movies, and do a bunch of nothing.
I'm off to get my toe nails cut by my husband. Incredibly romantic I know!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment