Thursday, October 04, 2007

the best part of the day

3 words: Happy, tired, sore The best part of today was getting the mail! Normaly is a chore because it requires that I sort through the stacks of catalogs and flyers we get 1 from Camaron living with us and signing up for "free" everything and 2 from registering and having out name sold to all of the baby retailers. Today, 3 great things came: I got a check for my back dated raise that I never thought I'd see, Baby got a halloween outfit from mom and dad, and I got an amazing gift from my amazing Des Moines Friends, a gift certifcate to one of those places where you make meals and freeze them. The best part is you can call in and order off their menu, they make them and you can pick them up. We are running low on available days to actualy do the making so it's nice to know we have options! We are excited to sit down tonight with the menu and choose our options :) I went on a nice long walk with a friend from work. Although cold and dark, it was a great walk. We did hills from 80th to 90th. Start from our house, walk down to 80th, up 80, down 81 up 82 down 83 ect... until back at our house. Each "hill" is about .33 miles so we did about 3 miles by my math. I am exhausted and my hips are sore so I'm calling it a night early (9:20) and heading to bed. Tomorrow is 1 day closer to the end of the week! Which is 1 day closer to next week, my supposed-to-be last week before baby. As a final note, here is the predicimanet I've found myself in: I've been working pretty hard trying to get caught up on everything, not take on anything new, not get involved in things I won't be able to see out to the end. That means I've been working a lot and pretty stressed over the last 2 weeks. I see an end to this tunnel though and after tomorrow, if I get everything done on my to do list, I won't have a whole lot to do anymore. Which means my last week of work (hopefully) I'll be pretty bored. I was trying to avoid sitting around just waiting for baby but it seems like that is going to be the case. Not that I'm complaining :) it's just that time goes faster when I'm busy!!

No comments: