Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The first casuality

Over the weekend Casey found his way in to the bin where I'd been keeping the small amount of toys we have already for baby boy Keibler. I purchased some stuffed fish at Ikea that will be turned into a mobile over the next few weeks. I also purchased a stuffed crab that when you pull the tail it plays music, and a fish rattle. Casey found and developed an attachment to the crab!! I think he's lashing out. When we got home on Saturday night he was sitting on the couch, I could see him through the window. He was locked out of the nursery almost all weekend because of the painting but Sunday night I can out of that room and saw the crab sitting on the floor. Today I went to leave and the crab was outside! He somehow got a hold of it again, and took it outside! We can tell he knows it's not his because he isn't destroying it, he's only chewing it a little bit. Most stuffed toys are destroyed with in a matter of minutes which is why we don't buy any for him anymore. I'm not sure how to handle this; buy him his own toy to chew on or not reward him for taking something he knows isn't his. The vet said when the baby comes, the scent of the baby usualy lets the dog know that the toys aren't his. So I guess we just keep everything up until then. Which reminds me....am I supposed to wash baby toys too? Or just everything else cloth that we use for baby?

No comments: