Monday, May 21, 2007
scary......
Holy buckets we may buy a car this week. If I don't die of a heart attack first. We just need to do it and get it overwith. As some may be aware, I don't make decisions well at all, then throw in the spending of 10's of 1000's of dollars and this makes me a nervous wreck. This is probably why I drive cars until they die. I hate to have to deal with this.
Other news: A fairly productive weekend. We TRIED to get drivers licenses this week (this was attempt #2 for me) but the requirements have changed and after waiting 1 hr 40 min we dind't have proper proof of residency so we had to leave with out licenses. We hope to attempt again this week when they open bright and early. It was David's birthday so they had a BBQ, which was a step up from boring but not quite fun yet. It is nice to be around "family" even if it's not ours but Davids dad was harrassing Evan. Fortunately he is fairly tolerate of ignorant people so his comments didn't offend him but everyone kept apologizing for him. I won't even complain that the BBQ was from 1-5 and we didn't find out about it until 12pm. I still got a bit of yard work done and made it to Target on Saturday before it was too late to do anything productive. I got up early to wait for the cable guy to come fix our phone and got an obscene amount of organizing and cleaning done. They say it's too early for me to be 'nesting' so I hate to see what happens later in my pregnancy! I have almost a full box of "I wouldn't buy it if I saw it on sale" clothes and then have started a "yeah right, maybe next year" clothes that I won't be able to even think about wearing this summer, so why even have them out.
Sunday I shopped till I dropped, literly. I spent hours at Ikea, and then about 14 different furniture shops looking for a kitchen table and baby furniture. Didn't buy anything except a few things at Ikea. I found some things I really really like there and feel I made some good decisions, although my desire to purchase things to have the room closer to being done, I found 2 peices that I like a lot more that are on back order for 6 weeks so I have to wait now.
The major goals for this week: An hour a day of yard work should put me where I want to be. We are camping over the weekend Sat-Mon so pre planning food and gear. Dr Apt tomorrow to see if the little monster cooperates and lets us find out what "flavor" he/she is. 2 major RFP's came in today that are due the day I get back from vacation so I better get cracking on those. Oh and maybe the car thing.
There shouldn't be much time for updating this week. More when there is something new to report.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment