Friday, February 23, 2007

Who stole the time?

Um, who turned the clock ahead and didn’t tell me. Is it really February 23rd? That means March is 1 week away. And that is not possible.

Not a whole lot new to report I guess! We’ve both been working a lot. Evan has a release coming up. I apologize that I can’t remember the date (next Friday maybe?) Does that make me a bad wife? I just know they are not making any more product enhancements, they are only fixing bugs and they do cool things like bug smashing parties. He actually decided over the weekend that he was going to start running in the am before work, and then this week was up before 8am each day to go into work! He’s been working at least 10 hour days. That’s my game typically, not his.

I’m happy to report I haven’t been to the gym since Monday. I felt like I was married to the gym last week, which I guess is what happens when you go from a trip here and there to going every day. This week I feel like I’m married to work. The only problem is I still don’t seem to be getting much done. I was in San Fran on Tuesday. Very long day. I flew out before 8am, had a 1 hour meeting, had to drop Mike back at the airport (Oakland) and then head back down to San Carlos for a 3:30 meeting which because of the stop at the airport and traffic (because I had to cross the bridge twice) I missed. I think I saved about $60 by flying into Oakland which ended up costing me $12 in tolls, $18 in gas, and 4 hours of my time. Next time I will fly to San Fran.

I tried to catch the 5:15 flight out but missed it so I got on my original flight which was 40 minutes delayed and got home and preceded almost directly to bed. I think the worst of the week is behind me but my “to do” list keeps getting longer and longer.

Last night we went to see Jakob Shteynberg, David and Anita’s new baby. We met him last week when he first came home from the hospital and last night was the second time we got to see him. Last night I was only allowed to hold him for 12 minutes. The first night though I got him pretty much the entire night! I think they are doing well and adjusting fine. Anita is tired but they are getting a lot of help from their parents and David isn’t back to work yet so she feels like she’s getting support.

We have no real plans for the weekend. We should head to the mountains since we’ve gotten a decent amount of snow (considering the past 6 weeks of none) We always seem to be so tired on the weekends and never want to commit to anything too extravagant. And Evan has some un explainable issues with his toe and thinks that ski boots or snow shoes sound incredibly painful. Oh and it’s cold here today. I feel like such a wimp because ‘cold’ is 40 degrees but I am not prepared for this weather. We were in the upper 50’s earlier this month so having this is a shock to my system.

More from us……sometime I’m sure.

No comments: