Monday, February 12, 2007

What a weekend

Once again I feel bad mentioning that it was in the upper 50's, lower 60's here this weekend. Considering we heard it actualy got ABOVE freezing this weekend at home, it's still a long ways from 50's! Just so you don't feel so bad for us, we will have to scrap our cars in the am because it does get pretty chilly in the evenings. We had a pretty great "not much doing" weekend. Friday night was spent much like most of our Friday evenings, Dinner w/ David and Anita. We like to go to GreenLake Bar and Grill, about a mile from our house, for late night happy hour. For $10/person we can get a great meal, appetizer and 1 drink. The catch is that you have to wait till 10pm to eat. We both worked late so we didn't even get home till after 8pm and then picked up a bit but then had dinner and hit the bed pretty early. Saturday we were BOTH up fairly early (relatively anyway). I got about 2 hours of work done before Evan got out of bed only to have the network connection die and I lost it all. Very frusterating but didn't really ruin the day. We went on a nice /short/challenging run with 4 uphills and 2 down hills. (Evan let me choose, which probably won't happen again). He rested while I bought new shoes, picked up lunch, got the oil changed and then we went to Costco to spend an obscene amount of money (a billizion gagillion dollars in Evan's words) on meet and "necessities". But the good thing is we shouldn't have to go there for a long time! We came home, napped, made a light dinner and some snacky food to take over for game night with Evan's co-workers. It was nice to finaly meet them all. I actualy won the first game and then held my own OK in the second game which I cannot remember the name of but is run an aweful lot like President. I managed to swing from the top to the bottom and back again in less than 4 hands. Much to my surprise, Evan was up before me today. We had another nice afternoon. Because Camaron called to say she was going to come move her stuff out, we decided to get out of the house so that we wouldn't be 'in the way' (read wouldn't have to help). We walked to the coffee shop, to the dog park, back around the lake, to Subway and back home. We were gone most of the morning/afternoon! This afternoon I ran a bunch of un-necessary errands and didn't really get much accompolished but we had a great dinner actualy ate at the table! I've been watching worthless TV and doing random house work since then. I watched a good portion of the AKC agaility trials in awe of the 'talent' of the dogs. Maybe one day we'll be there? Or at least able to do more than 3 tasks in a row. Agility class is over now and I opted not to resign up because Monday nights are no longer good for me. I have to decide if we should find another place to go now or just say 'that was fun' and call it. I do think Casey'd be good at it though! I hope we don't give up alreay. Maybe another group would be better for me also since Cheryl and I didn't start off on the best foot, and we are still not on great terms. I think we understand each other much more now but still I maybe would do better with another instructor. I am off to bed. A busy week. I'm heading into travel season at work which means a lot less time in the office to get things done, and a lot more to do to prep for these meetings so I better start tomorrow off rested. Just a quick update, if anyone cares, I tried to get into a spinning class last wednesday taught by "everette". I signed up too late and got wait listed. I was #3 on the list and the 2 got in. I did spin on Thursday but Friday thought I should try another class taught by Everette since it was the only one to fill up all week, and see what the fuss was about. I tried to register at noon, it was full and all 10 spots on the wait list were also full. So Saturday I tried to register for Sunday's class which starts at 11am. You can only register 25 hours in advance. I tried to register at 1pm Saturday, 3 hours after registration opened. I was #10 of 10 on the wait list. Didn't get in. SO FRUSTERATING!! I am now determined to get into one of his classes this week. I've got a reminder set the second registration opens up to get on the list. I just see what all the buzz is about. I thought I got a pretty rocking work out on Thursday and the class was no where near full! Tomorrow is also my first officialy swimming class since I missed the first few with Case and class. Hopefully I don't hate it! OK now I'm really going to bed. Only 45 minutes later than I wanted to!

No comments: