Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday Monday

Alive and kickin in Seattle. We are approaching our 1 month mark this week…..hard to believe already! Evan’s been working for 2 weeks, me for 1 and we are ready to move into our own place. Things do have a way to work themselves out.

This weekend was also low key, which seems to be the trend, but it is nice that way, as we are still getting used to the area. I cannot wait to go to the mountains though. The weather was perfect and it would have been the prefect weekend for the great outdoors, hiking, biking what have you, but we decided that should be done with the appropriate amount of planning and none of the desired materials are here yet (well they are here just not in our possession). This week is gorgeous again but it’s looking like this might be the last of it.

Friday began with an hour and half commute home for me. For some unknown reason the commute was especially long. Normally I would have not been happy when I got home but I had no where to be and nothing to do so it didn’t upset me too much. We played with the dog, ate frozen pizza for dinner and did a little shopping/cell phone comparing. I think we came to a decision to stay with our current provider (T Mobile) and add a few extras since Evan is now a full time computer dork he needs to accessories to go with it! I’m inheriting his phone and I’m pretty happy about it since it’s pretty cool and now I feel better not completely getting rid of it since that phone is the entire reason we switched to T Mobile in the first place. All in all very low key Friday.

Saturday was more low key, a little football watching, a trip to the dog park, and some shopping. Saturday night was another early night (hopefully a trend is not developing here, we’ve got to start getting out more) and we hung out in. Sunday I packed all my things to nice piles or to their appropriate packing receptacle for the big move this week. I’m trying to get Evan as ready as possible since he has to do it all alone. I intended to get all of my things into my car so if anything got left behind it was no ones fault but my own but that never happened. We grocery shopped, TV shopped and scoped out Costco on Sunday also before Camaron and Chris came over for dinner and a little football watching. Nice evening and change from the social isolation we’ve felt lately.

So here is the plan for this week: I leave today at 7:05pm. IN case anyone cares I fly into Oakland, drive to Dublin CA, where I will be staying (centrally located for all of the trip). Tues am meeting at 9:00 in San Ramon, about 20 minutes away (what will I do the rest of the day) Wed 9:30 in Sacramento, 1:30 in Stockton (about 90 minutes away, will try to get some sales calls in while I’m in Sacramento)

Thurs 1:30 in San Leandro (45 minutes away, back towards the airport)

Fly back to Seattle at 6pm arrive around 8pm to hopefully have dinner with my husband for his birthday. It is going to be a busy trip travel wise but lots of down time it looks like. Hopefully there are some interesting things to do in Dublin, or I may have to just get caught up on the running.

Evan’s plans are as follows: We take possession of the place Wednesday night. He will come get keys at that point and maybe a load of stuff (we hardly have any thing) and then he’s staying at the current house on Wed night since we won’t have any beds or anything at the new place. It’s rather inconvenient that we have to be out of Aboda on Wed at 11am…..we would have to load all of our things into our car before leaving for work and then go to the new place after work. Not only that but we would have nothing to do with Casey. Because of this we decided to stay an extra day, it’s just easier. Thursday he’s taking the day off to be there w/ the movers and with Casey. Since we haven’t gotten Casey registered in King County yet no one will take him for doggie day care. He will probably work from home if not go into work later in the day depending on when the movers come, which he won’t hear until Wednesday evening. Then Thursday evening I get home to help him celebrate his birthday.

For Evan’s birthday he has big plans: He wants to watch the Iowa Ohio State game at our new home on his new TV on Saturday. We are going to buy it on Friday night I guess and invite David and Anita and Chris and Camaron, which exhausts all of our friends in Seattle! This weekend we will undoubtedly be unpacking and getting settled but I’m actually looking forward to it! There is a built in cabinet in the dining room that has glass doors that I’m going to put my china in, the kitchen has cute exposed cupboards for cookbooks and canisters and what not and having our own things will be heaven. I’m actually looking forward to putting away clothes in our new dresser and setting up our new bed which we’ve had for months and are just now getting to use and put to work! It’s going to be very very nice. Can you tell I’m excited?

Things otherwise are still going very well. Everyone should come visit, it’s so pretty here. I wonder if I’ll ever get sick of the views? Everywhere I go I see something new, a new view of something. I’m just in awe of it. I hope I never start to take advantage of it. We both love it here in fact I think I’ve said before I haven’t seen Evan so happy in a while….no stress from school, no project hanging over his head that has months or years of completion ahead of him. He is really happy at Microsoft and has even begun using Internet Explorer and a slew of other MS products again. They have such cool technology there since they get everything for free virtually. I know he’ll be excited when he has his computer back and can get it all Microsoft’d out.

No comments: