Today was a good day over all for both of us. It was the Microsoft Employee meeting which was held at Safeco field. They shipped all of the employees over from Redmond, via charter bus and he hung out there until 3pm today and then there was a recpetion afterwards. I think Evan enjoyed himself.
ClearPoint today sponsored a client cruise this afternoon. It was very fablous, I had a great time. I met more ClearPoint people than actual networking but it was still a great time and I'm just getting home. Our cruise was a mini tour of lake washington, from the canal near UW to the I90 bridge and back. It was a great view of the lake, the canal, and beautiful houses. I had a great time, net worked and closed down the party. They were impressed with the dedication of the 'newby" and I think I made some great contacts.
Here are some pics of the cruise!

Evan's boss's house (Bill Gates) on Medina. Gotta say, not as big as I thought, but this also isn't a great picture. Here's a story on the cruise line we took: Because there aren't enough offices for me to have my office, my cube is by the executive assistants for the partners. I heard this week that the cruise line called and said they had double booked us and we had to be off of the ship by 4 so they could launch a 5pm. We did however get to host a reception at the harbor after we docked. Turns out the 5pm was a cruise of $1M donors to the Bill and Malinda Gates foundation taking them to the Gates Estate so we got to watch them board.

Here is a picture of the richies loading the boat. Notice the average ages:

Great views from the water.
This is a pic of Madrona beach, we almost rented a house here till we realized you pay for location (DUH)
I tried to post more but Blogger isn't having it. Grey's Anatomy is about on and it's dinner time. more from us hopefully after the weekend!
Happy weekend everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment