Monday, September 18, 2006
Ahhhh, real life at last
We are finaly sitting down to "relax" after work, commuting, trip to the store to get dog food, dinner and a quick stop to Microsoft to get "something" for Evan to make him be able to work at home. What ever he needed he did not get but I had fun drawing pics on the dry erase board and 'decorating' with pictures I had in my wallet. Still needs lot of work though.
Casey needs LOTS of attention since it was also his first day at home alone for over 11 hours so he's about to get some play time on the tennis courts but my day went well, it was fast paced, and I made it on the bus and off and back on and then back home again. It was raining when I got on the bus and when I got off.
I love the office, no 'office' yet but when someone leaves I'm next in line! I got all the important paperwork filled out except benefits which is last on my list of imnportance since we already have them. I found out all of the important things in my one-on-one with the HR manager at the end of the day: 1) Xmas party is formal/semi formal, held on the same day as our 'off site' (which are held quarterly, a social event where everyone gets together to do non work things) and instead of coming back to the office after the off site the office closes so the girls can head to the MAC counter to get their makeup done and hair done. Evan asked if there was at least free alcohol, which I will temporarily answer yes till I describe how ClearPoint is best defined in the Seattle working community. 2)First monday of every month CPF provides breakfast for the office. If I get in good w/ the receptionist, she takes your opinion when deciding where to order from. 3) The coffee shop in the lobby has OK coffee but if you let them think you're only there for food and you're headed to Starbucks, they give you coffee for free. 4) the most obscure benefit, ClearPoint provides free taxi benefits,when ever, where ever. They do this to keep their employees safe. No matter where you are or when, you and your significant other, accompanyment ect can take a taxi home if your condition requires it, or if it's too late to walk, you miss your bus, WHATEVER WHERE EVER. You can expense it no matter what your position in the company. And, you can take a cab back to pick up your car in the morning. They do not, however, cover impound fees if you ilegaly park over night! Cool huh! They actualy pride themselves on it!
Tomorrow is free lunch, and Thrusday is a client appreciation cruise which I've been designated to represent ClearPoint Financial since Jackie and Paul are both out. Do they realize I will have been there for 3 days? And finally my first seminar has been scheduled for Oct 24th. I have until Friday to get the content and the audience figured out so invites can go out Friday.
Evan is in class all week learning C#. He has decided to pack his lunch instead of buying it which is nice! I got up PLENTY early today to pack both lunches, and have time to kill. I am going to stay in this habit and work on in the am since with this commute I'm not getting much done at night.
OK off to give the dog some TLC and iron for tomorrow. We can't wait for our clothes to arrive!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment