I need to write down some of the incredibly awesome things about the weekend so that I can try to drag myself up out of this funk for the night.
As morbid as it sounds, I'll go ahead and say I would never be a good single mom. It's just not as much fun with these fun adorable kiddos when you can't share it with someone! Sundays are hockey night. I miss Evan a lot on Sunday nights!
I'm sitting on the couch in the room the farthest away from Wesley as possible. As he lays in bed and shouts at me "lay down, lay down" because he wants me to come lay down with him. But I'm not going to. I already did that. And he already bit me, poked my eyes and nostrils multiple times, and refused to stop rolling over on top of me. So I left and I'm not going back tonight. I'm also not able to go in to the kitchen. Last Sunday our oven wouldn't turn on. The first part of the week we feverishly worked to try to find parts, potential repair people, ect.. and then lost steam when the store that carries the part closes at 5pm (after I rushed there after work with 2 tired hungry kids and got there at 6pm), and then by "carry" they meant can get it if they order it (would be there 2 days later). we finally got the heating element yesterday and Evan repaired it today. He also though wanted to clean it before he fixed it so the kitchen is filled with fumes. So I'll add 20 minutes to my morning to pack lunches.
We also have no groceries. Tomorrow is our only day this week: we leave for San Diego Tuesday at 6am. So I'll have to get creative with lunches tomorrow. I now have an oven and can make quesadillas again!
OH right, I was going to highlight all the amazing things right? The food. We managed well without an oven! We have neighbors that rescued us and we ate a lot of creative foods on the grill and stove top. Calzones on the grill are way too easy and will be a norm. My neighbor Betsy's fried rice and beef skewers might be Wesleys' favorite food ever. The little boy who never eats asked for more 10 times. Tonight we also splurged for dinner out (the whole not being able to use the kitchen thing) and he ate more than Walter and i put together. Apparently when his pediatrician told me if he gets hungry enough, he will in fact eat, she was right on!
Walter had his first baseball game yesterday. Like real baseball. Real rules, real outs, real strikes. We were all SHOCKED at the game. No more pile of kids at each hit of the ball, no more kicking and throwing sand. And they can hit the ball! And they can run, and throw! Walter did great, far better than we imagined. Admittedly we expected 2 strikes outs and then a tearful refusal to play any more baseball. Instead, he got a base hit and an RBI (the only run his team scored). He played third base and actually only went for the ball hit his way, chased them down, and threw them in where he was supposed to. So, we promised him a new bat and we bought one. Do you know how much bats cost? There was a bat for single A baseball, for 5 and 6 year olds that cost $80!!! Looks like baseball might be in our family for at least another season.
Wesley so badly wants to play baseball. Or pretty much anything his brother does. He wants a baseball hat and walked around all day saturday with base ball in his hand and a glove on his other hand.
Wesley has hit that "what I want when I want" phase. He laughs when I tell him what to do. It makes me crazy. He does things like falls down, starts to cry and says "walter hit me" which is impossible because walter was sitting right next to me the entire time. he threw his helmet at me today because his legs aren't long enough to touch the ground on his bike yet.
I am pregnant and I am tired. I have heart burn at the thought of food and if I have to sit down to a-tie a shoe b-put on a shoe or c- (the worst yet) change over the laundry in our front load machine I might not ever get up again. I am hungry all the time but nothing tastes good or fills me up. I think being in the 3rd trimester now my days of extra energy are gone. This week Evan worked hard to help me with my new motto: Just because I can doesn't mean I have to. and "Just because I can, doesn't mean that other people should". Like Tuesday after working out, picking up the kids, stopping at the store and then needing to get all the bags of crap and all the groceries inside, I just didn't. I let Evan do it and I came inside and sat at the table until dinner was on a plate in front of me. And just because I can take both kids to swimming, and spend 30 minutes in the water, then shower, then dress, then home doesn't mean that Evan should or that he would even want to try to do it by himself. And so I ask for help (and get it with a happy attitude). Baby is doing great, Evan's excited to finally get to feel her move. Walter is warming up to the idea of a sister. Still says he wants a brother but he hugs and kisses my belly all the time. He calls her sparkle. our compromise is to let him call her that till she's born, then mom and dad get to choose the name. He doesn't not like any of our choices :)
I'm also dealing with some major house disappointment. We went to see a house today that I spent far to long loving. I know that if I have to talk Evan in to it, it's the wrong house for us, and I know it wasn't the house, but I think I fell in love with it before we even went to see it and then tried to talk us both in to it. And there is just zero inventory. Zero houses that we would jump at a chance to live in. BUT there is a light. We saw a "proposed land use" sign today in a neighborhood near our house. Proposed use is 8 sub divided single family lots. So....we are looking to see if we can get some more info. 1- it buys us time to get the baby here and and figure out our new lifestyle. 2- it's got a lot of things we haven't found: something in a great neighborhood built in the last 10-15 years and close to all the friends we have made and not 20 miles further from everything we have grown to love living near. Last time there was a pocket community like this we found out too late to get in on it. We don't want that to happen again.
And I have got to get to bed. I've been trying to get nap in since 2:15 and now it's well past bedtime. I have a post pending all about being a girl mom and I need to finish sorting through all my thoughts to finish it. More to come on that!
Sunday, April 06, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A girl Mom! What a cute idea! I'm sure that brings some interesting thoughts after being a two-time boy Mom. : )
Sorry about the food aversion and lack of energy. Those babies take a lot of energy to grow!
Post a Comment