Just wanted to let you know the summer "situation" hasn't gotten any better.....
We have time to spend in New York for Monica's wedding but Evan tonight says, do we really want to hang out in upstate NY by ourselves? Dunlevy's will be busy, and my parents can't come out early, won't we get bored? We have limited travel budget and Deep Creek and NY are about it for the summer. I really want to squeeze in a Lego Land trip before school starts but we have to turn in our request for a spot for Wesley by Friday and that's just so far away to know what our plans are! It's AWESOME that we get to pay by the week but I don't want to pay for a week if we only plan to be there for 2 days. I'm trying really really hard to find a way to get the boys home this summer but when I think about 2 or 3 plane tickets to the Quad Cities two times, it just gets a bit out of our reach.
It's spring break now and Walter didn't help my mood today. Yes, it's nice that both kids are in the same location for 3 days this week: it's nice that traffic is lite; it's nice that we get home early but it's GROSS out. We set a RAIN RECORD this weekend: in one of the rainiest parts of the country we set a rain record. I asked Walter today what he wants to do Thursday and Friday Do you want to go to the zoo? No. Do you want to got to the pool? No. Do you want to go see the seals and ride the big wheel? No. Do you want to go see the tulips and stay in a hotel? No. Do you want to go on a train ride to Portland? No. What do you want to do? Have a play date....with (lists off 5 friends who are all on vacation). I'm kicking myself for not getting the heck out of dodge at least for a few days this week. I'm sure he'll be thrilled when we get out of the house and do something but he's in a funk, I'm in a funk, Evan isn't helping as he's trying to talk me out of taking a week long vacation to New York this summer. Wesley, is thrilled that we have Skye and the dog crate and he can crawl into and out of the crate all day long. Perspective through the eyes of a one year old.
And to make it all feel better, we dumped a bunch of money on gutters this weekend. Gutters. fun, glamours, exciting purchase I tell you. I'm NOT thrilled about it and I want my money back, but I also don't want the basement to flood or our house to look like no one lives here due to lack of care so..... we bought gutters. Instead of going to Lego Land. Someone explain that to my 5 year old.
Monday, April 08, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We never used to take trips for spring break and lots of people did-it is hard when 'everyone' is gone. Hope the week ended better.
Post a Comment