A few years ago a Thanksgiving like this year would have been pretty devastating to me. (2010 to be exact). But this year, even the best laid plans, with 4 invites for meals and a generous outpouring of love, things didn’t go as planned we the 5 year old woke up puking on Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Because we have 2 young kids in 2 different germ centers and we were home nursing them back to health. We debated going anyway, Evan was convinced that he just got sick because of all his snot (probably also an indication that we should stay home, too much snot) and was pretty offended that the neighbors asked we stay home when mention of our sick kids came to. So, we stayed home for Thanksgiving. I went to Lizzy’s and filled up plates of turkey, stuffing, and potatoes, and we ate the pies we made. We played every game we own, twice and we watched a “grown up” movie. Walter and Wesley were both up past their bed times and rewarded us by sleeping in on Friday.
It’s been a very nice relaxing 4 day weekend I don’t think that I can go back to work on Monday. My only motivation is that we will be off for 3 weeks in less than 3 weeks.
I’ve started the Christmas shopping, and I’m anxious to finish. I am really just excited to get all things Christmas going this year. Walter was so excited to help decorate today and he’s so excited to see and talk about all kinds of Christmas related things. I let him “Decorate” or arrange the nativity scene and he loves to play with it and re arrange it. Enjoy pictures form this weekend, we had a lot of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment